• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

m2 oil pan

hendi72

hey y'all! anyone have a drawing or a photo of the windage baffles in the '02 oil pan....specifically, the modified oil pan for the m2 conversion?... or...how about a link to a picture? i just need to get an idea of where i'll need to weld it/them in.

thanks!

hendi

oh man youre 2 days late. i just had to pull mine to fix a leak but i did not take any pics. i will search and see if i may have one from when i first did it.

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

Hendi:

What are you doing for the oil seperator return line? I thought about a windage tray or a crank scraper on mine, but didn't pull the trigger. I think Carr Industries and Ireland sells a windage tray for the pan. They have a picture of it installed in the 2002 pan. I am guessing it would be the same as the 2002 crank for your application.

Mark92131

Here's my blog on the oil pan conversion

http://www.markstumm.com/75BMW2002-7.html

1970 BMW 1600 (Nevada)

i just used the windage tray out of the s14 motor no problems so far. the little notch in the backets i welded on is for the dip stick and the sump i put in is for the s14 oil pump its a little deeper than the 02 pump

post-1291-13667589645006_thumb.jpg

post-1291-13667589646148_thumb.jpg

post-1291-13667589647147_thumb.jpg

REMEMBER SOME PEOPLE ARE ALIVE SIMPLY BECAUSE IT IS ILLEGAL TO SHOOT THEM

Hi Mark,

I am also doing a S14 conversion in San Diego. I have a full-on sheet metal shop in Miramar. Lets get together for a beer and bust out a couple of these! Nice job Danbury Conn. Any sketches / dimensions would be greatly appreciated.

Mark F

73tii

Mark F.

I'm in Scripps Ranch, not far from Miramar. I'd love to drop by your shop and see what you are working on. I still have some problems to solve on this conversion, throttle cable, exhaust, 4 speed transmission throwout bearing, blended Alpha-N / MAP setup. etc.

You can e-mail me at mstumm at hotmail.

Thanks,

Mark92131

1970 BMW 1600 (Nevada)

for the oil separator i just welded a nipple from an old m30 coolant port onto the side of my oil pan-to-be. i like your idea of using the tray out of the s14 pan! very cool.

i just wonder how dan cooper got to fit the original pan in his m2! i like the idea of keeping it factory.

hey, thanks to all you guys for your inputs! you guys are the coolest! esp. you blunt!

i'll try and load some pics later on. meanwhile, PLEASE include me on any developments on you-all's conversions! i'll do the same!

hendi

pigpen, i run into stumbling blocks from time to time on my fabrications on this m2 conversion....would it be possible to email you? for example, i want to reinrforce the subframe....i just cant figure how to do it structurally sound and neat as well.

thanks

hendi

for the oil separator i just welded a nipple from an old m30 coolant port onto the side of my oil pan-to-be. i like your idea of using the tray out of the s14 pan! very cool.

i just wonder how dan cooper got to fit the original pan in his m2! i like the idea of keeping it factory.

hey, thanks to all you guys for your inputs! you guys are the coolest! esp. you blunt!

i'll try and load some pics later on. meanwhile, PLEASE include me on any developments on you-all's conversions! i'll do the same!

hendi

you can take a section out of the drivers side s14 pan and reweld it to make it fit. i used to have pictures as i was going to do this but ended up with the M10 pan as i knew id never track this car. id be sure and baffle it though. the last thing you want to do is starve one of these motors as expensive as they are to fix

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

hey....i have a question.....how did you, or, how are you planning to, reinforce the subframe at the notoriously weak left mtr mount? i would really appreciate any ideas!

hendi

hey, did you reinforce your subframe? how did you do yours?

hendi

i did in fact. i ended up coming up too high from lack of general knowledge as this was one of the first things i did. but i modified the motor mount and all is well ... man these are buzzy sob's with urethane mounts

02009.jpg

02010.jpg

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

yeah, but i think i'd rather have'buzzy' than 'broken'! ...right?

hendi

yes i agree. dont follow my pics to reinforce the ear. ive since seen better designs from other guys who have actually boxed the back side. if i were to do it again id do it like that. i think mine will be fine but it seems like it would be stronger boxed

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com