• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Woody's 68 Resto/Mod Project

It's probably time that I share, since I've seen some fantastic projects going together. I started this December of 2004 with the idea of just repainting. As it sits today, it's completely gone through a transformation. Money pit doesn't describe what this project has become. Here is the link to the photo album. It will be updated periodically as I get closer. My goal is to have it on the road this summer. http://picasaweb.google.com/werrea/BMWRestoration

Squatch Pads

Lorena Texas

Very nice progression, I'm in the first stages of my 75 build (all stripped down now) so I will bookmark this thread for my motivation!!

I'll do some research, but I'm interested in your Alfa BBK, keep us updated as how your bias is once on the road/track. I'm building a track (barely street) car so I'm looking at brakes right now.

If your across the river you should attend our bi weekly meetings. Every Thursday. We switch locations, so you have to keep an eye out on the PNW2002 Yahoo Group posting. Also putting together a corral for the Portland Historics in July.

Squatch Pads

Lorena Texas

how did you make the rocker cover shinny?

holy negative camber batman!!!

02 Golf Yellow cruising the border of NSW/VIC!

tii pistons, 293, double valve springs, 40mm DCOE's, sump baffle, sway bars, lowered, 5spd, big brakes, 3pc wheels, bucket seats. Approx 150+hp

You are the only other person I know now with a Tampico car. There is one fellow with an 1800 that races it but I have yet to see another 02 with Tampico.

Mine is originally Tampico. Did you just pick that color or was your car actually supposed to be this color originally?

My car original was built with color of chamonix. So when I was debating on which color to go with I wanted to go with an original color to the year, but choose something that was different and not often seen. In our local club there are at least 5 chamonix cars. Didn't want to add another. I love the color of Tampico. Has that vintage look, and although not flashy, does stand out. I like things that are a little different.

Squatch Pads

Lorena Texas

Created a bracket to mount just inside the grill openings. Stole the idea from a fellow NW 02'r that I went on a drive with a few years back in Seattle. He flashed me from behind, and I was like, where did those come from. Not much room, so you have to ensure you use really thin housings. I'll see if I can't get a better closer picture and post.

Squatch Pads

Lorena Texas

New pictures added. We got it on the ground for the first time in a couple of years. Weather in Portland wasn't that great today, so cloudy and overcast, so the pictures are a little mute...but it sure looks nice with the new wheels. The hood was a challenge to adjust and we took a couple of hours adjusting the doors and installing new glass.

Bmw681600.jpg

Squatch Pads

Lorena Texas

the hood still looks as if it needs some more adjusting, I know that thing is such a dam pain in the back side!

holy negative camber batman!!!

02 Golf Yellow cruising the border of NSW/VIC!

tii pistons, 293, double valve springs, 40mm DCOE's, sump baffle, sway bars, lowered, 5spd, big brakes, 3pc wheels, bucket seats. Approx 150+hp