• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Project BMW S2002

This is the plan.

2005 Honda S2000 AP2 2.2 L motor and 6 spd. tranny in my 02. Had some delays with the accident which totalled my car. Will run AEM EMS.

Here is a pic of the new car that it's going into. Will be cleaning up engine bay this weekend and Stitch welding the seams on the front end for extra support. Planning on big brake upgrades with disc inthe rears, As for exterior I am going with Turbo look. Interior will run roll bar and Recaro EVO 8 seats. Suspension will be either IE stage 2 with shorten Tii struts and Bilsteins. I want to enjoy this on the streets as well as the track.

Will Keep you posted with Motor measurements...

post-3448-13667588030161_thumb.jpg

Sorry for delay...totalled last car so had to find a new doner. Here she is.

The Plan:

Install 2005 S2000 AP2 motor 2.2 L 6 speed tranny into this 02.

Purpose of use:

Street and occasional track events ( track days, Time attack )

Suspension:

Tii struts, IE stage 2 with shorten strut w/ Bilstein Race. IE sways, poly bushing, adj. camber plates

Brakes: Big brake kit with rear disc, Tii booster and upgrade master

Cosmetics: Turbo front airdam with turbo Flares either in the Polaris colr or 2005 M3 met. grey.

Damn, an F20 powered 2002 will be sick!! I would prefer an SR20DET, but then Im a Nissan junkie. Good luck, bro!

David G.

1976 BMW 2002 "Diana" Smog? What smog!!

1998 Nissan 200SX "Sayuki" Can't argue with 35 MPG!!

1987 Nissan 300ZX My Dad's old Z will soon be mine!!

Yeah...I come from a HONDA background. The F22 only has 22k miles on it. Plus the SR20DET has the exhaust on the opposite side of the existing 2002. May be difficult with clearance with stock steering box. More work I would think....but possible!!!

Over on the alfabb there is a similar conversion going on: http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/engine-conversions/20907-gtv-s2000-warning-not-alfa-purist.html

To see the pix, you do have to register, very detailed swap.

RK in OC

ex- 67 1600ti/Aplina

http://rogerspeed.tripod.com/bmw_1600tialpina/

83 A/R Spider Veloce

"I come from a broken home, I should know, I broke it" Bazooka Joe

Sounds like a very cool project (and drive train!). How long to you expect it will take to complete and be a "driver"?? What sort of track event to you plan to participate in? Keep us posted with pics and progress reports.

-RoyW

Roy,

We will do local track events through track days to set up the car. But will be shooting to get invited to next years Long Beach grand Prix on the Exibition runs. We are heading out there this year with our race integra.

Drive train will be 3.90 lsd but if that does not hold up We will try to fit the S2000 rear diff in.

I started to strip down the enging bay this weekend and started to seam weld for strength. The driveshaft will be custom made. We are hoping to have this running in a few months. Depending on budget I might throuw in a turbo kit on. We'll see...first things first.

Track events will be time attack and time trials through local events thrown by Magazines. I have an appointment to have a photo shoot for this car when it is complete. Hopefully we can get it done soon...

Mock up of the subframe...

Need to modify stock mounting plates with a sheet of metal. Will take the mounts brackets to local plasma cutter or water jet guy to cut. Subframe has to move forward. The steering box looks like it will clear the motor. Will have to cut off the stock mount on the subframe. Here are some pictures.

post-3448-13667588340256_thumb.jpg

post-3448-13667588341599_thumb.jpg

We got the motor in place for mocking up purposes. The main concearn wass the steering box placement. The motor clears and the stock steering box will stay. The issue now is the brake booster. I have the Tii booster for it but it looks like there will be no room for it. The subframe was fine but we had to cut out the passenger side mount on the subframe. The tranny tunnel was notched out and raised from the engine bay about 1.5 inches for clearance.

Here are some pics of the work this weekend.

Engine will sit a little bit hiogher than in here. It is currently on the subframe. We will make custom mounts to probably the engine bay frame rails. This will ne the strongest points. This way the motor can remain in the car even if we were to pull out the subframe for suspension work.

Will be out of town for w few weeks so will keep you posted with more work then. Anyone with ideas with the brakes master relocation please chime in. Thanks fellas.

post-3448-13667588518066_thumb.jpg

post-3448-13667588519284_thumb.jpg

post-3448-13667588520313_thumb.jpg

post-3448-13667588521616_thumb.jpg

i love seeing such a high tech state of the art motor sitting in an old 02 chassis. nice work. anyway to drop that motor down lower at all??

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

what about RHD boosters?

holy negative camber batman!!!

02 Golf Yellow cruising the border of NSW/VIC!

tii pistons, 293, double valve springs, 40mm DCOE's, sump baffle, sway bars, lowered, 5spd, big brakes, 3pc wheels, bucket seats. Approx 150+hp

Bingbong,

I spoke with Jeremy at IE and he gave me some ideas on which direction to go. The least expensive way is to make a bracket that bolts directly up to where the boosters bolts up and mount a master cylinder on to that eliminating the booster. or 2002racing has a very nice setup but does cost 1500.00. I guess depending where I am on budget we will decide then.