• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tool Bag Poll - Info needed for Mobile Tradition to repro

Hi folks,

Since we have had a strong interest in the roll up tool bags that were original to the 2002, I have been lobbying Mobile Tradition to reproduce them. One important detail that is needed for the reproduction to be successful is this:

What material was used for the majority bags as originally supplied with a 2002. It appears that this varies greatly. Or better yet, what material would the 02 community prefer to be used in the reproduction ?

I know in my personal 74 tii, it came with a light gray bag with red edging and I just checked out another 02 and it had a black one with red edging.

So here is your chance to cast your vote !!! Your input is important.

Thanks,

Max

Maximillian Importing

www.bimmer.com

800-950-2002

Maximillian Importing Company

www.bimmer.com

800-950-2002

classicbmwparts@gmail.com

Max,

The bag that came with my tii is tan colored vinyl on the outside with a cloth inside. the edge is bound with a red cloth. If you need a picture or two, drom me an email and I'd be happy to take a few shots.

While you at it, lobby them to make some basketweave vinyl in Tobacco to match the smooth they already produce. I know of several people looking for he correct interior vinyl to re-do they original interiors. These are the 1973 cars and earlier.

Original Owner, Malaga 1973 tii, unrestored.

1985 Euro M635, Cinnabar, fast and fun!

2003 325i, Alpine White

2007 530i Sport, Titanium Silver

2000 Tundra LTD, White, Daily driver

2011 Audi A3 TDI, White, son's new car!

Max,

The bag that came with my tii is tan colored vinyl on the outside with a cloth inside. the edge is bound with a red cloth. If you need a picture or two, drop me an email and I'd be happy to take a few shots.

rsterbens@socal.rr.com

While you at it, lobby them to make some basketweave vinyl in Tobacco to match the smooth they already produce. I know of several people looking for he correct interior vinyl to re-do they original interiors. These are the 1973 cars and earlier.

Original Owner, Malaga 1973 tii, unrestored.

1985 Euro M635, Cinnabar, fast and fun!

2003 325i, Alpine White

2007 530i Sport, Titanium Silver

2000 Tundra LTD, White, Daily driver

2011 Audi A3 TDI, White, son's new car!

As tool bag colors went, I've seen many. The last ones I saw BMW put out were black w/ red edging. The one that came w/ my 1530962 1600-2 was brown w/ brown edging, while my Dad's 2760007 Tii (original owner car) has gray w/ gray edging.

I have no preference for color, Black w/ Gray or Red edging would be fine w/ me.

I can post or send pictures of my 1600-2 one tonight and the Tii's one this weekend.

As for material, ALL the tool bags I've seen have been of the same heavy cloth lined Vinyl w/ cloth edging with the only variation being Color.

HTH

Tom Jones

BMW wrench for 30 years, BMWCCA since 1984 at age 9
66 BMW16oo stored, 67 1600-2 lifelong project, 2 more 67-8 1600s, 86 528e 5sp 586k, 91 318i
Mom&Dad's, 65 1800TiSA, 70 2800, 72 2002Tii 2760007 orig owners, 15 Z4 N20

I have a March l968 2002. I bought the car new in June 68 and it came with a gray vinyl type roll up bag with red edging.

2002 sunroof (vin 1664730) - medium gray vinyl w/ red edging

Barry Allen
'69 Sunroof - sold
'82 E21 (daily driver), '82 633CSi (wife's driver) - both sold
66 Chevy Nova wagon (yard & parts hauler)