• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Camber/toe adjustable rear bushes.Which one goes where ???

trangieboy

I`m about to put all new poly bushes in the rear of my car.I have bought the camber and toe adjustable bushes.Which bush do i put on which ?? Does the inner bush adjust the camber or the toe ??

And can i jack both back wheels off the ground at the same time by putting the floor jack under the diff or will i damage the floor ?? And where do i put the stands ?? Under the sills ??

Mal.

RHD 2000ti NK sedan VIN 1400318 resto

RHD 2000ti NK sedan VIN 1400178 parts

RHD 1800 NK sedan VIN 0998094 parts

RHD 320i E21 5 speed parts

RHD 1602 ? twin mikunis,5 speed. POS driver

I always jack the car by the rear subframe. It's hard on the

subframe bushings, but the other option is to jack on

the sills, and they're non- replacable...

When fitting the adjustable SLOTTED setup from Ireland, the toe goes

on the outside, and the camber on the inside, simply because of access.

Also, you end up adjusting toe 1/16th, and camber a lot more. So it disrupts

the rear geometry less to move the inner point more:

you end up rotating the trailing arm around the outer CV joint,

which it doesn't mind so much.

I would THINK that the bushing version would be similar...

hth,

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

And can i jack both back wheels off the ground at the same time by putting the floor jack under the diff or will i damage the floor ?? And where do i put the stands ?? Under the sills ??

Yes, the differential is the proper jacking point, as it even says it in the Haynes manual. The Haynes manual says to put jackstands under the 'bodyframe members.' I'm not sure what that means specifically, but I always put a jackstand under each side of the rear subframe. On older cars, its usually too risky to ever trust the notch under the sills, since its probably rusty, and not that strong anyways. I still use them on occasion, but never like trusting them.

I don't know anything about the camber adjustments, so I can't help ya there.

Bring a Welder

1974 2002, 1965 Datsun L320 truck, 1981 Yamaha XS400, 1983 Yamaha RX50, 1992 Miata Miata drivetrain waiting on a Locost frame, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser