• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Some new photos of the 72 tii

jgmgti

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Man, Jonathan...that car always looks great. Tasteful, not over-restored, and truly LOVED (that's an abstract quality not always found on even the big dollar resto cars I see!)

Correct me if I'm wrong - but isn't that a real VINTAGE era Nurburgring badge on the grille? I remember seeing those on decals my folks had back in the 70s! Awesome!!!

Paul

Paul Wegweiser

Wegweiser Classic BMW Services

Nationwide vehicle transport available

NEW WEBSITE! www.zenwrench.com

Paul,

Yes it is has a little fade and patina,like the rest of the car.

Never had the pleasure of driving the ring but after enough

pontification,I put it on....just a fraud I guess.Again thanks for helping a

soon to be new 2002 owner Carl out on the 74 tii inspection.

hope to see you soon.Close up of the previously mentioned ring badge.And a crappy side view....

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Jonathan

1973 Malaga "ti"2.3 stroker,dual 45s,lots of Alpina content13x6 Superlites bilsteins,Petri Sport ,GTS Seats,Coco Mats,Old Man Style "Patina"....but the old Emily is Fast.

2010 GTI 200 H.P.,dsg ,18"wheels etc.modern daily driver.

Thanks all...i do appreciate all your comments.

Jonathan

1973 Malaga "ti"2.3 stroker,dual 45s,lots of Alpina content13x6 Superlites bilsteins,Petri Sport ,GTS Seats,Coco Mats,Old Man Style "Patina"....but the old Emily is Fast.

Thanks all...i do appreciate all your comments.

Jonathan

Hey, Narcissus -- I just let the air out of your tires. Don't believe me? Go outside and check. I also put the fake kitty poop in the passenger seat.

And while you're out there, clean out that trunk. I can smell those dirty sneakers from here.

post-1769-13667581499813_thumb.jpg

By the way, Jonathan, while you were out Q-tipping and snapping pictures in the park, I was outside getting dirty while playing with my (used) new Turbo -- a Gehl 5635 SXT Hydrostatic Turbo, that is. Starting Friday morning, by this evening (Sunday) I have managed to (1) dig the footings for an exterior set of stairs, (2) take out my entire asphalt driveway, to make room for new concrete, (3) dig the footings for a new garage, and (4) grade and re-landscape the back yard. No wimpy garden tractors here -- this thing is a brute.

But did you come by and help? Noooooo. Too busy Q-tipping, I suppose.

post-1769-13667581500138_thumb.jpg

David,

My heart feels heavy with pain.I NEED no DEMAND your approval in order to justify the 02 experience.

Please.....I beg of you, find something nice to say about my car so I can remain in my self-absorbed blissful coma of mediocrity.

Jonathan

You're right, I'm sorry. I'll but the air back in your tires. And the wind back in your sails. Etc. Let me make it up to you. Please drop by tomorrow for some tea and fruitcake.

PS -- Your car, yes indeed, comments about your car. Well, let's see. First -- Sweet! That's the coolest bent license plate -- very aerodynamic -- I'll bet it makes you go faster in the twisties (like Beach Drive). Hey, what size wheel offsets are you running? How's your megasquirt? Where did you get your carpets? Are those stainless clips on your trim? Have you bought any neato parts this year - or are you just browsing? And say, did you know, your car has much less patina, than you do?

post-1769-13667581504115_thumb.gif

You're right, I'm sorry. I'll but the air back in your tires. And the wind back in your sails. Etc. Let me make it up to you. Please drop by tomorrow for some tea and fruitcake.

PS -- Your car, yes indeed, comments about your car. Well, let's see. First -- Sweet! That's the coolest bent license plate -- very aerodynamic -- I'll bet it makes you go faster in the twisties (like Beach Drive). Hey, what size wheel offsets are you running? How's your megasquirt? Where did you get your carpets? Are those stainless clips on your trim? Have you bought any neato parts this year - or are you just browsing? And say, did you know, your car has much less patina, than you do?

I'll bring the rugala....the megasquirt,ahhhh you don't want to know and yes the the Carpets came from Bob's Country Carpet Barn.Custom made by Trouble Teens.

The seats are a little flat, and the dash has the factory crack option,carpet has some 70's fade to it,hence...Patina, but its good for 160K original.

It took a long time to find a v.g. pair of bezels, NLA in the US,Walloch&Nesch,Jaymic etc.I do have one v.g.,the red paint is scratched a bit right side w/decent chrome.

If anybody needs one shoot me an e-mail.

Jonathan

Regardless the car looks awsome!

I will take the one bezel off your hands. Please email me (rjmaza@charter.net) info and price and I can paypal you. Any possibility of getting a closeup of both of your bezels? I know of a few guys that want to 'restore' theirs but dont even know how they are suppose to look.

Thanks

Pasadena Rose,a local picked up my right side bezel this weekend.

Sorry I can't help you with the bezel.

Thanks

Jonathan