• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

door seal threshold rubbers

BLUNT

im trying to install these. they mate to the ends of the door seals down low, or at least they are supposed to. they seem to be about an inch short. i matched them up with the old ones i removed and they are the same length. wtf? theres only one way to install the door seals so what gives? anyone else have a problem with these pieces>?? im thinking the only solution is to graft in a 1 inch piece from another strip or take an inch out of the length of my car

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

they're supposed to be short. the door seal ends butt up against them and actually the very ends are inserted into the threshold rubber.

i found it impossible to slide them into the groove. i clamped the plastic threshold in a vise a wedged the rubber into its groove. they don't seem to fit as well as i remember 12 years ago.

good luck.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

the threshold. It took me over an hour on each side working it in screwdriver blade with by screwdriver blade with. I thought I would never get those buggers in. I tried soap, slippery stuff, pulling and I gave up, so I pulled the first few inches in then prised the rest in with a screwdriver. I

I will take a look at in a minute or two and post a picture, I believe what Jerry is saying in the post above is correct though.

"90% of your carb problems are in the ignition, Mike."

1972 2000tii Touring #3422489

1972 2002tii with A4 system #2761680

FAQ member #5

thresholdrightrear4.jpg

Drivers side rear joint

Thresholdfrontright5.jpg

Driver's side front joint

thanks for the pics bill. thats how mine look and i dont think its right. mine slipped in with no lube or work but im not happy with the fit. it kills me to cut and splice in. i exxagerrated when i said an inch. its more like 3/8 inch short or 1/2 at most.

these are oe MT parts. frustrating when you try to make everything perfect

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

All is not lost...

If you use the correct spring steel "bitch clip" (part # 51471808682) you can anchor one end -- do a bit of stretching of the gasket -- and get the rubber to the other end in such a way as to make things even. Then, secure the other end with another "bitch clip."

Repeat for the other side.

Somehow beer helps this process...have some on hand...

:)

Delia

• Like 1

1973 2002tii - gone

Inka (aka "Orange Julius")

1974 2002tii - gone

Polaris (aka "Mae West")

1991 318is (aka) "O'Hara")

Brillantrot - High Visibility Daily Driver

BMW CCA #1974 (one of the 308)

deliawolfe@gmail.com