• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Third brake light options and opinions

AndyIA

Try JC Whitney, they usually have a few, and they are not to expensive.

www.jcwhitney.com

David

David G.

1976 BMW 2002 "Diana" Smog? What smog!!

1998 Nissan 200SX "Sayuki" Can't argue with 35 MPG!!

1987 Nissan 300ZX My Dad's old Z will soon be mine!!

I'd be interested too. I seem to remember a white '02 at a drive in San Jose that had a really clean install. I'd like to see some pics.

Cris

Proud member #113

The rides!

www.cardomain.com/ride/792851

www.cardomain.com/ride/792793

I installed the Valeo light available from www.ralleylights.com (susquehanna motorsports). Install was simple, I'm satisfied with the looks and it is a comfort knowing it is highly visible. Over the years I've been following this site there have just been a ton of rear-ended '02's. todays drivers are not conditioned to see anything but the high centered brake light...imho. Throw in a cell phone and....!

...cost about $12 and works great. I mounted it with double-sided foam tape to the inside top of the rear-window gasket. It's held there just fine for five years. The wires are tucked under the gasket and run behind the rear seat. I don't get an objectionable amount of glare from it at night, and it is nearly invisible when it's not lit.

I don't see mine on their web site, but this one is similar for $15: 20-LED Light

Of course, I had it lit when I was rear-ended by a Ford van, but I was also stopped just around a blind corner.

-Dave

Colorado '71 2002

'17 VW GTI Sport
'10 Honda Odyssey Family & Stuff Hauler

to be much more of an "attention getter".

Maximize your Brake Light Effectiveness with BackOFF. This compact solid state electronic module converts your ordinary brake light into an attention getting visual alerting device, creating more visibility and conspicuity when you are stopped or stopping. When you apply your brakes, it causes your brake light to automatically emit a visual alerting signal of 3 short flashes, followed by 1 steady on condition of 3.5 seconds. This signal automatically repeats itself as long as the brakes are applied. With clean reflectors in your stock lights, you will get maximum attention.

In the picture, you'll see an LED third brake light, (barely), but you can definitely see the brake lights being applied.

I vote to do all three. Clean the reflectors, install the module, and a third brake light.

post-123-13667576798139_thumb.jpg

j9273c.jpg
'71 Agave, '71 Verona, '74 Inka, '73 Chamonix

"FAQ Member Number 60"