• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ebay 121 head, look legit?

jetboy

on ebay, which I try not to do - but this is exactly the sort of work i want done on my 121 head - and here it is-- already done!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-121ti-Cylinder-Head-w-272-Cam-for-BMW-2002_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33617QQihZ013QQitemZ230087365398QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

I know many people will say its best to get the work done yourself, do it right- but you got to understand - its all about the best i can do for the car with the least amount of money!

'70 project

sorry jetboy. i've purchased from him before and items were as described and no complaints. his descriptions are accurate. problem for you and me (for that matter), is that his items are tending to command higher prices which leaves the 'semi' bottom feeder like myself merely window shopping.

so, to answer your question. it's probably good stuff as described, but you'll have company too (not me, btw).

i've got an E21 Head that i'm under the impression is similar to the 121 Head that i'm currently playing with. picked it up for $20 on Craigslist so i can afford to screw it up.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

yeah, it will probably skyrocket.

i got a e12 head attached to a whole engine - since mine is working ok now i thought id tear it all down and see whats inside. it was free from Brian down south - came with his parts car.

its probably better than the engine i have-- but i rather have the 121 that fits the year than an e12-

'70 project

I know the seller,Mike, very well.

You can feel confident with any thing he's selling.

Jonathan

1973 Malaga "ti"2.3 stroker,dual 45s,lots of Alpina content13x6 Superlites bilsteins,Petri Sport ,GTS Seats,Coco Mats,Old Man Style "Patina"....but the old Emily is Fast.

2010 GTI 200 H.P.,dsg ,18"wheels etc.modern daily driver.

Jetboy,

I have a 121ti head that is in good shape. It is broken down for rebuild. I have not checked the height but it was working well with no leaks when I pulled it.

I will let it go for $75

The only reason I broke it down is because I was going to go with stainless valves and a regrind. I do know that it needs new guides/seals it was smoking a little on decel.

BTW you can get regrinds any size you want done at Elgin cams in San Carlos/Redwood city CHEAP.

Let me know.

Justin

Justin

76' 2741300 3.23.1976 021 Malaga

75' 2361164 12.20.1974 076 Amazonas

'75 o2 blog

00' 4runner (fishin machine)

When I called I think they said ~$150 and new billets for ~$300.

I am local so no shipping.

www.elgincams.com give them a call they have been doing m10's forever and are VERY knowledgable. They wil take time out of their busy day to give you cam class.

Cheers

Justin

Justin

76' 2741300 3.23.1976 021 Malaga

75' 2361164 12.20.1974 076 Amazonas

'75 o2 blog

00' 4runner (fishin machine)

hey, thats cheap-- but not CHEAP- which is where I live - i sent him an email but have not heard back. ill bid when its closer-- but probably get aced out by a bot -

I am no good at the last second bidding on ebay-- its too much trouble for me to bother with and thus most of ebay has become too much trouble.

'70 project

Jetboy,

I have a 121ti head that is in good shape. It is broken down for rebuild. I have not checked the height but it was working well with no leaks when I pulled it.

I will let it go for $75

The only reason I broke it down is because I was going to go with stainless valves and a regrind. I do know that it needs new guides/seals it was smoking a little on decel.

BTW you can get regrinds any size you want done at Elgin cams in San Carlos/Redwood city CHEAP.

Let me know.

Justin

we will see how this goes and I might take you up on that. I actually have a 121t head on the car which is fince cept the valves are pretty shot. so as for a core-- i got one! heck, i got a e12 adn a 118 head laying around as well. --

the e12 is in nice shape actually, but i want to keep with the 121

'70 project