• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DCOE Help, anyone have a spare top cover? I'm screwed!

RacingAli

You and me both are having bad luck with the rebuilds. I just finished mine up today and the idle circuit is now working again. Score one. Still runs too rich. Minus one. And I messed up the main circuit and it wont rev over 3k. Minus eleventy billion. Sorry but I do not have a top cover for you either. I can only offer my condolences.

speed costs money how fast do you want to go

Guest Anonymous

Telephone

(925) 754-4871

Fax

(925) 754-4876

Postal address

Rebello Racing Engines

511 Wilbur Avenue

Building A - Unit 5

Antioch, CA 94509

These folks should be able to help you

I know the guys at Rebello, they are great. But I was hoping someone here would have the part for really cheap and fast. I can get it new but it is like 200 bux just for the cover! If no one here has one ill call and see if they may have a used one. You think they have used ones?

Some years ago I had a Weber (22DRS, on my Fiat Topolino!) carb cover literally shatter when I pulled the air cleaner off it--broke in several pieces.

I gathered up the pieces and used an epoxy that is sold to repair low pressure boilers and fuel tanks--I forget the trade name but it's very strong and impervious to hydrocarbons. I literally glued the top back together--that was at least 15 years ago and it's still doing just fine.

I'm sure you can find something similar--just make sure it's marked "impervious to gasoline" for at least a temporary repair while you seek a replacement top.

Good luck

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

I may have what you are looking for. It is a bit pitted/corroded, but looks useable to me. The towers where the brass rod mounts to secure the float are fine, and the brass rod is free. I assume this is what broke ?

I am in NC. Maybe you can find one closer to home. I can send you a picture if you wish.

Chuck in NC

Chuck in NC

I gathered up the pieces and used an epoxy that is sold to repair low pressure boilers and fuel tanks--I forget the trade name but it's very strong and impervious to hydrocarbons. I literally glued the top back together--that was at least 15 years ago and it's still doing just fine.

...make sure it's marked "impervious to gasoline"

Like Mike said - why not JB Weld it? We use JB Weld to plug up a hole directly exposed to fuel on the 32/36 to CD's Prescription. JB Weld will work fine as long as you still have the parts. It won't look pretty but you could always sand it down & just krinkle coat it. It would look all neat & new that way.

Great idea mike!

'79 & '80 Vespas, R75/6 + R90/6 (and a Triumph), '76 IH Scout II

E36 

'71 VIN: 2574356 - Nevada, Sunroof, RUST and a really nice '76