• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

new starter doesnt fit on engine bracket

chuncomunco

I just realized after mounting the starter to the block that the bracket that attaches to the block doesnt even touch the new starter.

Is it ok to leave is like that? or do i need to fabricate some sort of attachment?

(2760940) 1972 2002Tii Agave, Supersprint Headers, IE SS Exhaust, BMP SSK, Crane XR3000 w/ MSD Blaster, IE 284 cams, JB Racing Aluminum Flywheel, Seral 13x6

...and I don't think anyone on here has had an issue either. Usually the new starter won't fit the bracket because it's smaller and lighter (my S14 starter was), so the bracket is even less neccessary. Cheers!

Davin (who was in SF)

London, England

1968 Fiat 124 Sport Coupe

Pressin' on regardless . . .

Someone posted in the last month or so that bosch discontinued the original starers for our cars and are selling the S-14 starters in their place. The S-14 unit should be smaller and much lighter than the original and from all of the posts regarding the upgrade the bracket is not necessary.

Good Luck

Justin

Justin

76' 2741300 3.23.1976 021 Malaga

75' 2361164 12.20.1974 076 Amazonas

'75 o2 blog

00' 4runner (fishin machine)

You can always fabricate something, just for looks so the tii engine support bracket won't look "unused" where the starter assy bolts to the bracket. :-)

I've always marvelled at the tii engine and how every little bolt or bracket has a "purpose"....even the little clip near the top of the bracket you are speaking of (that holds the fuel line)....Very Cool.

John

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

John Weese

'72tii "Hugo"

'73tii "Atlantik"

'74 '02 "Inka"

'76 '02 "Malaga"

'72tii engine VIN 2760081 - waiting on a rebuild

"Keep your revs up and watch your mirrors!"