• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I would like to make a financial contribution to the FAQ

AlCanuck

As a way of hopefully covering some of the expenses incurred by Steve, in hosting all the crap that has been surrounding me these days, or that I have contributed to, I would like to make a small offering to the board.

Here's the scoop. On my last run of carpets, I sold 8 sets. One person on the board did not follow through with his order, so I have a leftover(or will have when they are all done). What I would like to do, is run a silent auction for the final set. Have people submit bids to me via email for a day or 2. Highest bidder sends money to Steve, and I send the carpet to you.

For the naysayers who will say "but you'll never deliver it", bugger off.

So, send me your bids, and whoever bids the highest by Sunday midnightPST, wins it. Remember, it's going to the FAQ, so bid high.

Al

Hi Al,

Was this "last run" of carpets made completed? I have sent you a paypal for a carpet set and have yet to see it pop up in the mail.

Let me know when I should expect it.

e304lyfe@gmail.com

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

C'mon man, details...

I know how it goes man. Bottom line, Ireland, TopEnd, 2002AD, Max, BavAuto would all be in the sh*t house with you, if they replied to all this kind of crap... Every supplier has had it's share of didn't delivers, didn't get paid, whiny a*** usless "customers" etc....

There's two kinds of people on the "internet" those who use it as a tool and those who think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread, like it's promoting some kind of public "goodness".

Be strong man, just ignore the sh*t and get on with business.

Who's gonna buck up for that pink set you made to compliment Esty's interior??

And to the rest of you frickin' ingrates ---> sierra tango foxtrot uniform

Peace Out!

--------------

BigDog

'76 2002

But I'm serious.

Everybody send your small donations to my paypal account Imapinepig at surewest dot net with a little note titled "up Al's ass" , we'll compare totals from that and Al's auction and if "Up Al's ass" wins he has to go forward since he's so interested in what's good for the FAQ. I'll even post the total amount and # of persons that donated ( all other information will be kept confidential )

hahaha.... This is a good one... Interested to see if people actually donate. Remember it all goes to the FAQ anyway so take your side and cough it up....

'79 & '80 Vespas, R75/6 + R90/6 (and a Triumph), '76 IH Scout II

E36 

'71 VIN: 2574356 - Nevada, Sunroof, RUST and a really nice '76

Guest Anonymous

hahaha.... This is a good one... Interested to see if people actually donate. Remember it all goes to the FAQ anyway so take your side and cough it up....

I want to donate but I have no money in my paypal account right now and it may take up to a year for some to "appear" can you float me some?

can you float me some?

ummm.... well i guess since the request was:

Everybody send your small donations to my paypal account

he could always divide mine in half and i could float you some...

I have no idea why i'm getting involved in this but it's funny to me for some odd reason

'79 & '80 Vespas, R75/6 + R90/6 (and a Triumph), '76 IH Scout II

E36 

'71 VIN: 2574356 - Nevada, Sunroof, RUST and a really nice '76

But I'm serious.

Everybody send your small donations to my paypal account Imapinepig at surewest dot net with a little note titled "up Al's ass" , we'll compare totals from that and Al's auction and if "Up Al's ass" wins he has to go forward since he's so interested in what's good for the FAQ. I'll even post the total amount and # of persons that donated ( all other information will be kept confidential )

We have 2 donations for 5$ a piece so far, keep em coming so Al can stuff that carpet up his ass.

Charlie Mac in Sacramento.

My Blog

I'm an كافر

I'm willing to top any bid on the Al's Carpet....Mr. Pinepig.

That is, after it comes out of Al's posterior. Your promise to unroll it and install it in your own car. AND.....you can't use any odor fresheners either for the 1st year.

It's over......Al has screwed up, lost a lot of respect and apparently, left the board. Hooray, we all won.............NOT.

In another thread, Tilux asks for civility and gets told to go find another board.

C'mon people. There's been enough scapegoating to go around.

It's another to make me want to pull the trigger on this sweet little Fiat X1/9 that's for sale. I wonder how the FIAT boards are? ;-)

Jerry

Jerry Curry

Salem, OR

-------------

In another thread, Tilux asks for civility and gets told to go find another board.

Jerry

No actually he points to half-assed board that gets as many posts in 6 months that we get in a day. We are here because we are active an engaged. He points to examples like a kid points and says to his parents, "Look daddy, why cant you be like this?". The answer is, cause we are not. If you want to change yourself than great, more power to you. But if you think you can make a group of people change by creating a post on the Internet and pointing, you have a lot to learn about life. If you want to join a smaller board, great. Join another board. If you're so damned humbled, keep it yourself.

Do what I and ignore most of it. I post a rant here and there (like this one), but other than that, I love this board. If you dont then go somewhere else. The only thing you can do is give people the power to change, dont just tell them to change.

forum-sig.gif

I love this board too. But, you know this board was created by people who wanted to escape the censorship from Roadfly. It's not inconceivable that someone will create another moderated board to escape the rancorous tone of this one. I could see someone starting a board that is 100% restoration/mechanical repair/modification based.

I'm absolutely not advocating that and don't want that to happen. I love having a centralized place to go for information & assistance. But, it has been mentioned that perhaps there's been a lot of folks who have abandoned the FAQ and that's to all of our detriment. You can say, "go find your own piece of the Net which suits you better". But, I don't think that's the right approach either,

I'm guessing that the Neue Klasse fellow are FAR fewer in numbers than 02'ers. Otherwise, their board might get a lot more traffic more closely resembling ours.

Shrug........good/bad, I'm not going anywhere.

Jerry

Jerry Curry

Salem, OR

-------------