• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this necessary?

Velocewest

I drop in here at the 2002 FAQ every couple of weeks. There are a few project blogs I like to check on, and it feeds my general BMW addiction.

What do I see every time I come by? Another thread turned into a pissing match by the usual suspects. It's ridiculous, it a bore, it's a self-perpetuating cluster fuck, it's embarrassing to see my friends behave this way, it's one great big damn disappointment.

Some of you are my friends, some of you I've never met. If my saying this pisses you off, I'm sorry, but it needs to be said. Please, for crying out loud, STOP! Let it GO! Just STFU! All of you (ALL -- EVERY LAST ONE) are contributing to the ruination of this community. Just let all this petty bullshit pass into history and act like the people your mother would want you to be.

Tony

I drop in here at the 2002 FAQ every couple of weeks. There are a few project blogs I like to check on, and it feeds my general BMW addiction.

What do I see every time I come by? Another thread turned into a pissing match by the usual suspects. It's ridiculous, it a bore, it's a self-perpetuating cluster fuck, it's embarrassing to see my friends behave this way, it's one great big damn disappointment.

Some of you are my friends, some of you I've never met. If my saying this pisses you off, I'm sorry, but it needs to be said. Please, for crying out loud, STOP! Let it GO! Just STFU! All of you (ALL -- EVERY LAST ONE) are contributing to the ruination of this community. Just let all this petty bullshit pass into history and act like the people your mother would want you to be.

steve...you and a couple of others ask'd me a serious question in another thread, on another forum...here's part of the answer....

people buy themselves a hustler magazine, are offended by what they see inside...then, they build a soapbox, climb up and start their sermon

and day...mr velo...you ego feel better now that you started your own thread about another thread, in which you coulda said the same thing?

and dude, my mom was always proud of me and she knew me better than anyone here...for sure

I guess that is pretty good for the guy's 52nd contribution to the forum. I don't really know what he's talking about, but I do know that this should probably go in off-topic.

P.S - Who are you again?

"My dad was right, it was cheaper just to buy a new car."

'75 Golf Yellow Automatic 2002 with Weber 32/36 DGAV - "Karl"

railwayKarl-1.jpg

people buy themselves a hustler magazine, are offended by what they see inside...then, they build a soapbox, climb up and start their sermon

Esty, in case you hadn't noticed, this site is called "bmw2002faq", NOT "bmw2002driverswhowanttohookupandslageachotheroff".

The people who opposed to Hustler weren't actually Hustler readers. That point has no relevance here - if people were from a nissan skyline forum were taking umbrance to certain individuals rants here then maybe you'd have a case but as it stands you don't.

Thanks for the post Velocewest.

Your sentiments are shared by many on this board. We're not in uncharted waters here. Unfortunately making posts like this just feeds the problem.

Until people start having respect for themselves and each other, not much is going to change. The good news is that once you learn your way around here, it is pretty easy to just skip over the threads and posts that are not worth reading.

The Mods and admins have tried to solve the issues, but short of banning people or cleaning posts/threads out, I don't know that they'll have much luck. I respect their decision to let things go and hopefully resolve themselves. Moderating at the level where you're policing posts is time consuming and it does change the character of a message board.

There's a lot of good on this board. I have been completely impressed with the way that people have reached out to help in so many ways with my project. That is exactly what I've tried to foster with other clubs and on-line communities. As I settle in and get more work done on my project, hopefully I'll be able to give back to the community in the way it has helped me out. I'm looking forward to that day.

Thanks for stopping by. Don't give up on this board. There are some amazing project blogs out there and some extremely helpful and talented people posting here. Many, many thanks to those who have made the 02FAQ that way.

Pete

it's guys like you that are the cause of the problems, if any even exists...it's not good enough for you to just watch a little contained flame...one that's not encroaching on anyone else's property....NOOOOO!

you've got to be a hero and help by starting new ones....you're the problem pal..not those that keep their crap in a closed container and only those that want to, take the top off the box for a whiff of the stench

you can go stand in the corner now...

it's guys like you that are the cause of the problems, if any even exists...it's not good enough for you to just watch a little contained flame...one that's not encroaching on anyone else's property....NOOOOO!

you've got to be a hero and help by starting new ones....you're the problem pal..not those that keep their crap in a closed container and only those that want to, take the top off the box for a whiff of the stench

you can go stand in the corner now...

I remember a time pre-Esty when none of this bickering ever happened. Those were the days.

avaTour2.jpg.52fb4debc1ca18590681ac95bc6f527f.jpg

when none of this bickering ever happened. Those were the days.

like snakes on a plane, people pour to the theater to watch a bad flik...count the ticket stubs dude

the forum's not just about you and a few puritanical sukass crybabies...you don't see us devil worshipers complaining every time you kids post something lame, like today's hugo's birthday or faqers in indiana....

look at the number of lame posts on the front page nick...if you're gonna sweep the place, do it right dude

when none of this bickering ever happened. Those were the days.

like snakes on a plane, people pour to the theater to watch a bad flik...count the ticket stubs dude

the forum's not just about you and a few puritanical sukass crybabies...you don't see us devil worshipers complaining every time you kids post something lame, like today's hugo's birthday or faqers in indiana....

look at the number of lame posts on the front page nick...if you're gonna sweep the place, do it right dude

there's nothing lame about someone celebrating the birthday of their car here Esty - it's called community spirit.

avaTour2.jpg.52fb4debc1ca18590681ac95bc6f527f.jpg

I was trying to ignore esty but I got draged in on another thread. Here I go again. After this post I'm just going to ignore her and (too bad to because she once in a while has some relevant and useful info) move on.

John

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades

After this post I'm just going to ignore her

John

that's the best approach harv....

don't feed the animals unless you don't mind getting bit

I guess it's unfortunate that he got bit without feeding the animals....

Patrick Sloan

1975 inka 2002 - 2375719

1991 325iC

2001 325i

I guess it's unfortunate that he got bit without feeding the animals....

here's the real deal dr sloan...when you post pic's of your car in a public forum, for everyone to see, you're taking a chance that all the comments aren't going to be favorable...imagine how i might feel if i allowed all the derogatory comments about my car to bother me the way my remarks about someone else's car bothers you...

btw...i'm not very good with numbers, perhaps you can help me....things aren't adding up in my mind..

all of the genuine BMW enthusiasts have said they ignore my threads and a considerable number of the crybaby, casual users say the same...how the heck does a simple thread i start manage to get to 4 pages with 1850 views, in less than 2 days, when nobody's looking....is there a glitch in the counter?