• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's the weak point of the M10 motor?

Pinepig

wHAT DOES THAT MEAN LEE? IVE NEVER HEARD OF THAT.

On the top of the block, around each hole, a 0.04" x 0.025" square ridge is cut, and in which a 0.04" stainless steel wire is inserted. 0.015" will portrude above the deck, applying a very localised pressure on the headgasket, or more precisely against the steel rings in the gasket. That will seal the combustion chamber for good. It is a very common method used by shop who works on Turbo engines.

Massivescript_specs.jpg

Brake harder. Go faster.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Take a look in my blog page for the current intake setup. It's an early 320i with a Honda TB off a Prelude, bore is 57mm. I'll end up switching to 42# injectors instead of the current 24#ers in there now. My buddy has 42s in his Audi 1.8t and makes 360 something to the wheels ( all 4 ) now.

I'll probably make another A/W intercooler as it makes the piping so much easier. Side extension for the oil pan and a some anti slosh panels in there will also happen. If it takes welding I'll do it just because I like to weld things up. Heaven help me if I ever get my hands on a Bridgeport.

For you guys that like the TDI my buddy Howard has the fastest MK4 in NA right now ( Atomicsushi for you clubTDI folks ) It's getting a motor swap at the moment because he's never happy.

I took a look at your blog.... LOVE IT! You just made my day with that TB discovery. Do you know what year?

For Clutch/PP you can probably use an M5 Clutch, an S14 M3 clutch or many guys use Volvo or other types. A friend told me once that he feels it bizarre that BMW owners insist on staying BMW only with parts. He suggested looking at it differently - like there's a company called Sachs. They make clutches & PPs for many different applications. It just so happens that BMW chose some of those applications - but so did many others. I'm sure you can find something BMW for your application like out of an ///M car.

Best of luck again & keep the pics coming. (O-ringing a block costs ~$25US per cylinder... Bring the ring with you or have it done by the guy who sells the ring)

'79 & '80 Vespas, R75/6 + R90/6 (and a Triumph), '76 IH Scout II

E36 

'71 VIN: 2574356 - Nevada, Sunroof, RUST and a really nice '76