• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Megasquirt Parts List

cowlum

For those of you who bought megasquirt what parts would you consider essential.

the megasquirt unit (obviously)

the stimulator?

the d37 cable?

relay board?

etc?

If not essential why would you not buy it.

'Old Blu' the 1974 fjord BMW 2002.

"your my boy blu!"

For those of you who bought megasquirt what parts would you consider essential.

the megasquirt unit (obviously)

the stimulator?

the d37 cable?

relay board?

etc?

If not essential why would you not buy it.

Depends on the conversion:

IN my case

-Throttle cable (lokcar generic hotrod throttle cable)

-E30 318i intake

-E30 318i fuel rail

-E30 318i coolant neck

-E30 318i injectors (I used different ones BTW)

-E30 318i throttle body

-Throttle position sensor

-Coolant temp sensor

-Air Temp sensor

-Injector harness parts (plugs, can be taken from E30 318i)

Thats just off the top of my head, so what are you doing for a conversion?

As far as the MS and associated wiring I just purchased the ECU itself and the cool pre made wire harness from DIY autotune. All the relays and such I did myself. I also did not need a stim as my unit was already built, yes I'm lazy sometimes.

Charlie Mac in Sacramento.

My Blog

I'm an كافر

As far as the MS and associated wiring I just purchased the ECU itself and the cool pre made wire harness from DIY autotune. All the relays and such I did myself. I also did not need a stim as my unit was already built, yes I'm lazy sometimes.

I am actually redoing my wiring, and I am going to look at just using their product. Its well built and solid, and no troubleshooting my dumbass mistakes.

-Throttle position sensor

-Coolant temp sensor

-Air Temp sensor

what did you use for these parts? I heard you can replace the bmw tps with a generic replacement that's variable for a proper sensor, rather than a 3 position one, close/open/wot that the 318 uses

74 2002, 95 M3, 01 X5

I used a the relay box on my 145 Volvo. I'm not using one on my o2. I just didn't think it was all that necessary, especially if you are familiar with automotive wiring and maybe alrady have a fuel pump realy.

As I said, I'm not using one on my o2. Pluss, I think it looks a little clunkey under the hood.

John

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades

what did you use for these parts? I heard you can replace the bmw tps with a generic replacement that's variable for a proper sensor, rather than a 3 position one, close/open/wot that the 318 uses

U can use a Nissan TPS or many others. I have a website somewhere but can't seem to find it now. Here's a thread that discusses Nissan & Volvo & other options. There's a good link with one for $5 shipped or something.

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,50/page,viewtopic/p,358475/highlight,/#358475

Hope that helps - Anyone know if u can use a larger TB with the early log style manifold???

'79 & '80 Vespas, R75/6 + R90/6 (and a Triumph), '76 IH Scout II

E36 

'71 VIN: 2574356 - Nevada, Sunroof, RUST and a really nice '76

Could you tell me is if the megasquirt-1 PCB3.0 with the MSnSE spark firmware will drive a distributer-less wasted spark setup (ie more than 1 hall effect sensor). One of the great things about open source products is the HUGE amount of information, but one of the hard parts is the HUGE amount of information.

'Old Blu' the 1974 fjord BMW 2002.

"your my boy blu!"

Could you tell me is if the megasquirt-1 PCB3.0 with the MSnSE spark firmware will drive a distributer-less wasted spark setup (ie more than 1 hall effect sensor).

Yes but you use a 36 minus one tooth wheel like that used on Ford's EDIS ignition. Why not go with the MSII set up?

Don't forget to get a wide band o2 sensor.

John

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades