• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sayin Goodbye...

RodH

It seems my son has decided to sell what started out as "our project Tii" since he is leaving for school and wants to concentrate on his studies for the next few years.

So "Otto" our sienna brown Tii is making the trek to Colorado this weekend to become a rocky mountain car.

What is cool is an old friend has purchased the car for his wife's surprise 50th birthday present (she had a 2002 when she was in college).

I don't know how often I'll check in with you good folks in the future, but, I have turned "Otto's New Keeper" onto the FAQ as a great source of help & encouragment.

I really wanted to express my thanks for all of the help you guys and gals have been for the last 5 years. I know that there were many issues I could not have addressed without your help. I also know there are many upgrades I would have never known about (and consequently thousands of dollars not spent) had I not seen it here first.

If you get flashed (I mean lights, of course) by a 1959 Bugeye Sprite flash back (lights again) it's me trying to kick my English Sports Car addiction. The first step is to admit you have problem...

You guys are the best...

Rod Hamilton

post-2221-13667571226893_thumb.jpg

Rod H

1974 Tii Siennabraun

"The older I get the more cynical I become, but, I can't keep up"

I'll keep a lookout for 'Otto' on the roads out here... (BTW, my sentiments of the FAQ are similar to yours, it's been a great source of info and a nice place to communicate with fellow 02 nuts, er, owners.)

Where we goin’? … I’ll drive…
There are some who call me... Tom too         v i s i o n a u t i k s.com   

Before you say your final goodbyes, are you running spacers on those Mini wheels? :)

Those are the same wheels that I have on my white car and I do not run spacers. I'm also running the stock 15" Continentals that come on the Mini with these wheels.

John

Cars - I'll look in the driveway and let you know later.

Yes. 3/8 inch spacers from Ireland. Worky good, no rubby.

Interesting. Were you getting rubbing before you put on the spacers? I don't have spacers and I'm not getting rubbing at all. What size tires do you have on the rims? I used E21 center caps and bent the tabs to fit. It looks like that is the same as you did.

Well I'm fairly new to the board as your leaving so I'll say hello as I settle in here and hope to hear some English stories now and again.

John

Cars - I'll look in the driveway and let you know later.