• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

rear window locks

Nick

I have the early style metal window locks, and they are missing the part that screws on to lock the window shut or hold open. they squeek like crazy when I drive and i dont know where to get this piece, anyone have some extra ones? I dont have a problem replacing them with the later plastic ones, just as long as the squeeking GOES AWAY!

thanks,

Nick

Guest Anonymous

I have all three styles of rear side window latches. The early all chrome latches are NLA. The mid style chrome with black knobs are still available from the dealer and the late all black style are available as well.

shermanmartinez@hotmail.com

latch itself (easiest with the quarter windows open). Note the screwdriver slot in the top of the chrome ball that is actually the hinge pin on the latch. Tighten it ever so slightly with a thin bladed screwdriver and you'll find the window stays open or shut as you desire.

I've found those screws have to be tightened annually or so; otherwise the window gets floppy. Then it'll startle you when it slams shut all by itself while you're at speed on the highway...

cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

You're right on Mike...that loud "whack!" always scares the crap out of me, and I'm thankful the glass didn't shatter! :-)

John

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

John Weese

'72tii "Hugo"

'73tii "Atlantik"

'74 '02 "Inka"

'76 '02 "Malaga"

'72tii engine VIN 2760081 - waiting on a rebuild

"Keep your revs up and watch your mirrors!"