• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Owner

supertour71

Hey all, I have a 71 1602 (euro), Couple of questions, What are some of the best sites for parts? I have found a few, but I am sure there are some better sites that you guys know of. Second question, Why is my 02 smelling up my garage? It smells very strong of fuel. I tried to check the fuel lines, checked all around, I see no leaks. It would be great to not have my house smell like fuel. Thanks in advance for any help.

Brad

all gas hoses, gas vapor line from tank in upper right corner of trunk, the filler neck between the fender and tank will crack and emit fumes, and any and all hoses under the hood - or our tank is rusted weaping fumes around middle seam, but not leaking enough to see gas hitting the floor- get under the rear and front and inspect

any BMW Dealer can order 92.7% of any part you need -

cet thy-self a BMW parts CD from many vendors or from any BMW dealer

so you can make your own list and then be more welcome when you approach the Parts Counter with a 49 item list - they will confirm your numbers, and update any to get you the correct part. Join the BMWCCA so you can also get a BMW Car Club parts discount wich most dealers will offer you - when you ask and present yer card.

4-7486030.JPG

'86 R65 650cc #6128390 22,000m
'64 R27 250cc #383851 18,000m
'11 FORD Transit #T058971 28,000m "Truckette"
'13 500 ABARTH #DT600282 6,666m "TAZIO"

and if no obvious leaks drain tank, remove, clean and seal the inside of tank with POR tank Sealer. I just did this and my garage does not smell any more of gasoline.

FO 2573825

1971 2002, 5-OD, Recaro SE, BBK, 90Amp Alt, Turbines, VDO, Hellas, BD belts, LED Tails, 10 Foot DD

cloth covers, they can weep fuel thru cracks in the rubber which are hidden by the cloth cover. This fuel will evaporate on the cloth and not be noticeable. I'd replace all those old hoses with new stuff.

cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite