• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anbody upgrade/fix their E-brake?

ClayW

Mine works just fine, but years of aging means that it has a little side-to-side movement. I wonder if another model might produce a usable and shorter lever.

Any ideas other than cutting and welding a later model one in?

I just put a new one in that I had laying around. Just sold my only other good one to someone on the FAQ.

The ONLY other option I'd ever look into is a hydraulic parking brake. I'm not there yet but I think it would be nice to have with rear discs. Other than that check to see where you are wearing. Look at McMaster Carr or any number of other supply places. It's possible to get yourself a larger lever pin either with circlip grooves or as a clevis pin style that you'll have to use a cotter pin (like when you do castle nuts on tie rods, wheel bearing nuts, etc.), washer and small spring to keep good tension.

Also look at Wichard or go to a local West Marine or Boat US. Larger diameter pins are quite common in the marine world and can be had for less than $10. Just get a larger pin and drill/bore out the parking brake fitting. You'll get another 30+ years till you need to look for the second oversize.

'79 & '80 Vespas, R75/6 + R90/6 (and a Triumph), '76 IH Scout II

E36 

'71 VIN: 2574356 - Nevada, Sunroof, RUST and a really nice '76

You can substitute E21 320i E-brake handle parts to get a better feel and a longer lasting fit. The E21 setup has a pivot sleeve that gets bolted rigidly between the tabs on the floor. Get new parts. Maybe that's what Cain sells.

Curt Ingraham

1972 2002tii, 1976 2002

Improved 2002 Radiators

i also saw mike hannigan is or was selling an 8 series brake lever he claims fits with a minor mod. it has a leather handle and would be a nice addition i think. i think its still an active auction if you wanted to search.

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

i also saw mike hannigan is or was selling an 8 series brake lever he claims fits with a minor mod. it has a leather handle and would be a nice addition i think. i think its still an active auction if you wanted to search.

i was hoping none of you guys saw that cause i'm trying to buy it....

ooops sorry

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com