• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The road to Phoenix (Updated 5.15.09 - Massive Brake work)

H_Krix

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I got a custom machined-and-welded pulley coming in from Tom over at 02again, ready for my trigger wheel to be press-fitted!

If anyone has an opportunity to work with Tom on anything, its a real pleasure. He is definitely one of the most helpful people you'll find in the '02 world.

Pulley_web.jpg

Eric, you're welcome to drop by whenever you like, though I typically only work on the weekends. Shoot me an email and I'll get you my cell number.

SIG4.jpg

click signature above for my resto blog

I got a custom machined-and-welded pulley coming in from Tom over at 02again, ready for my trigger wheel to be press-fitted!

If anyone has an opportunity to work with Tom on anything, its a real pleasure. He is definitely one of the most helpful people you'll find in the '02 world.

Pulley_web.jpg

Eric, you're welcome to drop by whenever you like, though I typically only work on the weekends. Shoot me an email and I'll get you my cell number.

SIG4.jpg

Hey Harrison,

I thought I had your email from before but I can't find it. Hit me up if you want at fugitoid at earthlink dot net. As for coming by on the weekend some time thats perfectly fine. Im way to busy at work these days to do anything thats fun during the week.

Eric

1975 2002 Anthrazitgrau

1963 Vespa GL

Harrison,

Did you ever get an answer about the 5 speed tranny? I have one located but I never saw any response regarding the fit in your car.

Todd

Don't know Todd, I've been meaning to call the guys over at Aardvark (I'm planning on using their 5-speed kit) and asking them if its the right model. From my research though, it looks to fit the bill. I need to replace the output seals in it soon, so that'll be a fun project...

Hey Harrison,

I thought I had your email from before but I can't find it. Hit me up if you want at fugitoid at earthlink dot net. As for coming by on the weekend some time thats perfectly fine. Im way to busy at work these days to do anything thats fun during the week.

Eric

Will do Eric, I'll be there on Saturday and Sunday, and if I get my pulley in this week, the engine may be going in on Sunday... maybe I could bribe you into giving me a hand if you're available?

A few smallish updates from my crappy weekend. Saturday was ok, but cut short due to work, as was Sunday. At one point I was working on the hood latch bar and found out i had it mounted in "backwards" (that is, the spring was loading the bar the wrong way.) When I removed it, the spring dug a huge gouge in the paint of the rain tray, so now I need to sand that down and repaint it. I also broke the little wheel that the cable bolts to, and frayed the hell out of the cable too. OH! AND I also scratched the bloody hell out of the bar itself.

Because of all that, I've decided to send the bar off to be plated, as it bumps around too much during install for me to rely on it not getting the paint scratched off. I found the orientation of the hood latch bar a little difficult to track down (eventually got the answer on Bill William's Touring re-assembly blog) so I'll be documenting my re-install when the time comes rather thoroughly.

Anyhow, pictures... sorry for the crap quality, taken with my phne because I forgot my digital:

Axis OG-San 15" x 7", 35mm offset (there's a 1/2" spacer on it now, but I'll be running 3/8" now that the crrect ones have come in from Ireland) Kuhmo Ecsta 195-50-15.

Wheel_02.jpg

Wheel_03.jpg

Wheel_04.jpg

Started putting a few of the seals in:

TrunkSeal_01.jpg

TrunkSeal_02.jpg

Fabbed up a new dome light panel and some new wiring. Also tossed the roof foam back in... mine is in pretty decent shape for being 30+ years old.

RoofBoard.jpg

RoofFoam_01.jpg

RoofFoam_02.jpg

And, finally, finished up the rear sunroof drain tubes. They terminate into a heater valve I got from pep boys that has been cut in half and epoxy-ed into the hole in the wheel well.

DrainTube.jpg

If I don't get the pulley in by Friday, the next step will be to do the headliner and start putting in the seals on the doors and windows. Hell, I may even put in the quarter glass soon if i'm feeling ambitious...

Can anyone tell me if the vinyl on the A-pillar and B-pillar goes on before or after the headliner?

SIG4.jpg

Absolutely awesome work on your car, it is coming along great. one question if you will, i am gonna put a antenna like yours and was wondering what is the distance from rear of hood to the antenna whole?

thanks

Very impressive work

Fabbed up a new dome light panel and some new wiring. Also tossed the roof foam back in... mine is in pretty decent shape for being 30+ years old.

RoofBoard.jpg

FO 2573825

1971 2002, 5-OD, Recaro SE, BBK, 90Amp Alt, Turbines, VDO, Hellas, BD belts, LED Tails, 10 Foot DD

Absolutely awesome work on your car, it is coming along great. one question if you will, i am gonna put a antenna like yours and was wondering what is the distance from rear of hood to the antenna whole?

thanks

Very impressive work

Thanks Frank, I'll take some measurements this weekend and let you know what I find. You may have already found yours, but the antenna I used is a Zender piece. It got great reception when the car had a radio in it years ago...

SIG4.jpg