• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just picked up a 2002 (2006 Calendar Car)

Topik

I recently drove to wisconsin and picked up my 2002. A lot of you may recognize it from the 2006 Calendar. I figured I'd post up here and say hello to all of you other 2002 nuts, I look forward to being a part of the community here!

Here are a few pictures of my new acquisition (I got a GREAT deal on it :D)

2002-1.JPG

2002-3.JPG

2002-2.JPG

2002-4.JPG

I just recently met mike hannigan, and he told me about the community here. Hopefully some of the old owners of this car will see this and say hi, I'd love to learn more about it haha.

Yeah, it still has the ansa muffler on it though, although that will be changing up very shortly. I just got a nice header for it, and I'll be going with 2 1/4 piping all the way back. Apparently the ansa is pretty restrictive too.

Thanks for posting that! I've actually gone through most of it, and all of the big points seem to be pretty rust free! The shocktowers are good, as well as the rocker panels. If there is some rust along the floorboards that will be taken care of very easily :). I'm just happy that for now the body of the car is pretty straight, and everything works mechanically. I think I'm just going to save up for a bit and purchase an e21 and start swapping things over (ie transmission, diff etc.

Great looking 02, the flares look awesome, but the 5.5 inch wide turbines look tiny in that cavity. I am guessing that your next upgrade will be 6.5 or even 7". Some of us only wish we could have that choice! Congratulations on a great buy.

FAQ Member # 91

71 Bumblebee,

2006 Calendar car!

Don't look at me.

She speaks for herself.

I still love the car, and its looking great!

Glad she's in good hands.

P.S. I still try to justify why I parted with her, to no avail.

Congratulations!

DSCN0782.jpg

DSCN0804.jpg

Ca '76: Sahara / Korman Stage I

Thanks a lot for all the info everyone! I've heard a lot about this car being bounced around, but its definitely found a home now in Virginia. The next step for me will be to fix a few of its problems (rust issues/transmission mounts) and throw on some suspension and wheels.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Topik,

Welcome to the madness. Looks like you have acquired a nice one.

I am in the "Valley", near Massanutten/Harrisonburg. There are several NoVA owners who, I am sure, will chime in!

Where might I locate Mike Hannigan? I have "lost" him for a few months.

I was supposed to pick up some parts from him in February. He said he had to be away for a few days....no word since.

I'm envious, you've got a very sharp car.

Regards,

Randy Bryant

Elkton, VA

"To live life without belief is more terrible than dying...., even more terrible than dying young." Joan of Arc

"It is not a sign of good health to be well adjusted to a sick society." J. Krishnamurti

Guest Anonymous

We'll confirm with Scott that he is reserving a special spot for the 'Bee at next year's Vintage at the Vineyards. What would a vineyard be, without a Bumble Bee?

Congrats and welcome to the 02 thing...

jgmgti

1973 Malaga "ti"2.3 stroker,dual 45s,lots of Alpina content13x6 Superlites bilsteins,Petri Sport ,GTS Seats,Coco Mats,Old Man Style "Patina"....but the old Emily is Fast.

2010 GTI 200 H.P.,dsg ,18"wheels etc.modern daily driver.

Welcome to the Club.

Here's a couple of pics taken last year.

I was following Greg from Dallas to the True Friends of....event

The 2nd pic is Greg giving the car a workout on the True Friends Drive.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

I picked it up in Spring 2003 from a Porsche shop. It was the owner's body man's son's car. I admit I overpaid for it, but I was young and foolish. I had a blast with the car, but limited space to work on it and strict apartment rules that I couldn't jack it up, etc etc. Also my wife and I were saving for a house, so common sense dictated that I sell it and take a bath. Here's a pic of when I first got the car. (The house is my wife's grandfather's house near Westphalia, TX--a German farming town). It was fun trying to imitate Achim Warmbold on the gravel roads ;-) I did not drive it very much on the gravel roads and had it trailered when we moved back to the city.

2002_haus01.jpg

2002_country.jpg

I will miss that car indeed. I had the opportunity to buy it back from Greg but I decided not to because we were in the process of buying a house. 4 cars at this house (with no driveway) is not a fun idea to entertain!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket