• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vintage BMW meet 'n' greet in Herndon, VA. Saturday Sept. 30

Greetings all,

A fellow 02faqer (jgmgti aka Jonathan) and I have been working on scheduling a vintage BMW meet 'n' greet for VA/MD and surrounding areas. Jon has offered to host a vintage BMW event at the Carpool billiards hall and restaurant in Herndon, VA (Washington DC area).

http://www.carpoolweb.com/CPH2005/.

It's a great location for a car show, as you can see from the website. We've been kicking some ideas around and came to the conclusion that rather than have a drive and a meet, just a vintage meet 'n' greet might be the way to go.

The date has been set for Saturday, September 30th with a start time of 3pm. Vintage BMW cars and motorcycles 20 years and older will be welcome to park in the reserved area and anyone is welcome to attend. The Carpool has a large deck, a VIP lounge with pool tables for our use set in a car-themed environment and special event parking for 100 cars. Several of us will be staying for dinner that night at Carpool, so the more the merrier!

This is NOT a concourse, and it's not a competition. This is a way for us to meet other enthusiasts, check out each other's pride and joy and keep our community active. We will have some small door prizes and maybe even a patina or people's choice award, but don't expect expert judging and ribbons! Bring any vintage Bimmer you want! It should be a good ol' time.

If you have any questions, please shoot me an e-mail at: ub3r02 AT yahoo dot com. And visit the Carpool website for directions, menus and, of course, the beer list! http://www.carpoolweb.com/CPH2005/

Hope to see you all there!

brad.

'74 turkis 2002ti(-i)

We hope to see a lot of Vintage BMWs at the event.Working on a couple of ideas for some local sponsership as a kicker for the get together.

jgmgti

1973 Malaga "ti"2.3 stroker,dual 45s,lots of Alpina content13x6 Superlites bilsteins,Petri Sport ,GTS Seats,Coco Mats,Old Man Style "Patina"....but the old Emily is Fast.

2010 GTI 200 H.P.,dsg ,18"wheels etc.modern daily driver.

That's almost 500 miles from Dayton, OH. I have mixed feelings -- I wanna go, but that's a long haul. Give a nudge to those of us on the fence due to distance... Looks like fun.

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

Jim,

Hope you can make it...

Working on some potential sponsership, and possible press coverage with the Washington Post??

*For those from out of town,I can work out a discounted rate with a Comfort Inn Hotel right next to Carpool.

Details pending and a big thanks to Brad for all his help...

jgmgti

1973 Malaga "ti"2.3 stroker,dual 45s,lots of Alpina content13x6 Superlites bilsteins,Petri Sport ,GTS Seats,Coco Mats,Old Man Style "Patina"....but the old Emily is Fast.

it should be on the 02faq calendar, just awaiting moderation. heh, actually it's on there twice!

E30s are definitely welcome, M-tech. Basically anything E28, E30 and E32 and older...even if they are a touch under the 20 year mark. we're just trying to keep it somewhat vintage without just restricting it to the 02s, i'll probably post on myE28.com and firstfives.org as well...not that we are biased against the new cars!

there will be more info popping up in the coming months. i'll make sure to make periodic posts to keep everyone informed and up to date.

looking forward to it!

brad.

'74 turkis 2002ti(-i)

Brad: I did not see enough of your orange jumpsuit at the Vineyard. That means I MUST come to Herndon. I will try to keep the date open and make a roadtrip. Thanks to you & Jonathan for putting it together.

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

Thanks...really looking forward to a variety of BMWs..

jgmgti

Jonathan