• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rebuilt engine & 5 speed are in, "all" that's

hook up all the wiring, hoses, linkages etc...V in V is looking doable in the 73, but looks as if the new engine will be broken in on the drive down!

Can hardly wait to get Ludwig back on the road again...he's been down for over a year now.

I'm keepin' my fingers crossed for Friday's trip to Winston Salem...of course there's always Wolfgang--with 218k and an addiction to 20W-50...

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Congrats Mike. I hope to start my tii engine project within the next few months. VIN 2760081. I remember a friend following me to Mid-Atlantik '02 Fest in Virginia several years ago with fresh rebuilt tii engine (it was a '73tii)...and he blew a head gasket on I-81 South....I saw it go in my rear view mirror...HORRIBLE sight!

Not trying to scare you, but be sure it's broken in proper "before" your trek to V @ V! :-)

Good Luck,

John

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

John Weese

'72tii "Hugo"

'73tii "Atlantik"

'74 '02 "Inka"

'76 '02 "Malaga"

'72tii engine VIN 2760081 - waiting on a rebuild

"Keep your revs up and watch your mirrors!"

Glad to hear that Ludwig is nearly ready for the road! I am certainly excited about the V@V trip. Maybe we'll have a film crew interested in our '02's next weekend. It seems like we'll be seeing something on TV about these unique automobiles one way or the other.

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz