• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Extra $$$ Coming My Way!

Biscuit3

For all of you who are in Australia on this forum, I'll assume you are aware that tax season is coming up. For those of you who aren't in the country, the Australian fiancial year ends on June 30th. However, this is the same date my rego is due, but so far, I've already paid around $3,300 and counting. I will get the majority back for my return. This is huge and because I used to have two jobs but have only been working one since last February, the tax office here has to compensate me for unnecessary tax I've paid from last year and this year. HOLY MOLEY!!! I'm going to get around $4,500!

Since this is the case, it's less than 2 months away and I know where most of that money is going to go - KARL! (of course I'll save some...) So I just wanted to get some advice on what would the best thing to put on a 02er with this money. Gimme some ideas. I'm thinking about doing some interior work such as new dash and finally get that stupid console! Man, I can't wait, but I'd also like to hear some suggestions from you guys as well. Tell me some options!

- Ash

"My dad was right, it was cheaper just to buy a new car."

'75 Golf Yellow Automatic 2002 with Weber 32/36 DGAV - "Karl"

railwayKarl-1.jpg

Can you post some pics of your car? Might help us see what your car needs in offering suggestions...just a thought.

John

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

John Weese

'72tii "Hugo"

'73tii "Atlantik"

'74 '02 "Inka"

'76 '02 "Malaga"

'72tii engine VIN 2760081 - waiting on a rebuild

"Keep your revs up and watch your mirrors!"

No probs, John. However, to save space and download time on this site, I'll redirect you to mine.

www.spaces.msn.com/karlprorally

It's got all the current pics and information on what it needs or what it's going to get in the future!

railwayKarl-1.jpg

OOOOO so tempting! But I'm having my tranny repaired as we speak. Nobody likes autos and I'm starting to see why. Makes the car seem so much heavier! On a different note, I finally got up close and personal with another 02er today, but alas, it was being repaired as well. Didn't get to meet the owner. Nice looking one though. It was the pine green color. I hope he loves it as much as I love mine.

railwayKarl-1.jpg

4k could go a fair way to bodywork and a respray...

OR

Think about safety items first imho - tyres, suspension... treat yourself to a anti-sway bar from Whiteline with any leftover :-)

Tom

6780296635_13fa58faa3_b.jpg

72tii - Whitey

74 - Blacky

my 2 cents.....unless the car's not dependable as a driver, i'd focus on appearance....following the "what you see is what you get" line of thinking, most if not all are 1st impressed by what they see driving by....and if you ever decided to part with it, appearance is what will sell the car....it's the cars 1st impression on others

refurbing the exterior would be your greatest expense and perhaps biggest task

Interior would be such a good plan. I think I will stick to that idea. Suspension is another good plan. I'll probably end up using the money for the ball joints and steering arms anyway, and never really thought about a sway bar but I heard they make the car work wonders like you wouldn't believe.

So far, my plans are:

1) New dash

2) Center console

3) Suspension update

4) Sway bar

Thanks for the tips!

railwayKarl-1.jpg