• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Praise for the 02

slash02

Well, been alittle stressed lately. So I thought my 02 and I should go for a walk. sure its midnight, but the only time i have decent empty roads around and don't have to worry about an F350 cutting me off in traffic etc.. :)

Lets see how this went? Start engine... less stressed

Rev engine, less stressed.

Get into gear and pull away, less stressed.

Turn off music that's interfering with the engine sound. Less stressed.

Tour around the city a little, wander through a few favourite spots (and not even fast, just to drive) less stressed.

Get flagged down by a pretty girl who saw the car before and wanted to ask questions... No stress.

I love my 02. and apparently I'll be loving another 02 soon enough as well.

I worked in a pretty high stress job a few years back that meant that I could have a MINI Cooper S as a company car... even after a week of hard work, I found the best thing for relieving stress was a drive in my 2002. Something just seems to feel right when I am behind the wheel.

Todd

toddsig05.jpg

When I am stressed, I tell my family that I am leaving for some "drive therapy." They know that means a nice drive through the countryside in the '02. The longer the drive, the more stressed I was in the first place. Recently before my vacation I took a drive of 1 & 1/2 hrs. Better than a psychiatrist, pills, or ETOH!! I did miss my '02 during the vacation of course. Car is now in the shop for a shifter rebuild and some a/c work. I don't want to fry on the drive to an from the V. at the V. in late May. JIM

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

Sometimes driving the 02'll stress you out too. Sometimes when I'm crusing to check the waves after work, everyone on the way home never gives an inch, even on turns....that'll make you cuss out loud. I need to start getting up earlier to drive the car and ride my bike(s), to beat the crowd. Just the thought of being rear-ended by someone rushing home so they'll not miss survivor, Americaon Idol, or 24....such important things, makes me cringe....I just restored the car...& I think I need anohther brake light, or just wake up earler to cruise, or ride a bicycle when the traffic is heavy, as I live close to work. But, with that said, I think America needs a driving lesson...bad. Although being rear ended driving a 100k 6 series would be harder to stomach....the 2002 is just plain fun, and all I really have invested in it is time....maybe I need to get it appriased as a classic now that it's pretty much done, for insurance reasons.

post-498-13667563868765_thumb.jpg

Sometimes driving the 02'll stress you out too. Sometimes when I'm crusing to check the waves after work, everyone on the way home never gives an inch, even on turns....that'll make you cuss out loud. I need to start getting up earlier to drive the car and ride my bike(s), to beat the crowd. Just the thought of being rear-ended by someone rushing home so they'll not miss survivor, Americaon Idol, or 24....such important things, makes me cringe....I just restored the car...& I think I need anohther brake light, or just wake up earler to cruise, or ride a bicycle when the traffic is heavy, as I live close to work. But, with that said, I think America needs a driving lesson...bad. Although being rear ended driving a 100k 6 series would be harder to stomach....the 2002 is just plain fun, and all I really have invested in it is time....maybe I need to get it appriased as a classic now that it's pretty much done, for insurance reasons.

Goregeous ride! Canada needs a driving lesson too! I'm annoyed at the fact that a driver's license isn't even anythingmore then a peice of ID nowadays.

Anyway, I know the feeling, so I drive at night.

Where I live is in northen alberta, we're feeling the oilboom. Not me, i'm a computer guy, but the oilfield hicks up here are all driving in $90k 1 tonne trucks with lift kits etc.. I'm the smallest thing on the road.. wait one of our faculty has a smart car. I'm not only worried for my 02, but my life at times. Guys are distracted, on the phone and driving somehting that outweighs my 2002 by 10000 pounds... Its scary!

FL02: that is a nice looking car you have. The nicer your car gets, the harder it would be to accept that some butthead has rammed you because they were yakking on their cell phone to their pals with wit such as: "Not much, what're you doin'?" I almost never carry a cell phone -- not nearly as necessary as folks think!!! I don't notice the bad drivers any more or any less when I am driving the '02. It helps to find a more isolated road at a time of day which will not have it overloaded with distracted/bad drivers..... I work nights, so I can pick and choose more than the 9 - 5 worker can.

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

I used to ride a motorcycle quite a bit and would get stressed out when riding over two lanes of traffic. I really don't have much of a commute so I'd ride it quite a bit, but even 10 miles and two traffic lights would be scary. Even on the two lanes it always seemed like people were going to pop out in front of me, and they'd always creep. Really, I think the more you commute, the crappier your car should be, for blood pressure's sake. I think we need mono-rails or something, & I'd just drive on the weekends.....maybe, cuz' it's too much fun. Fuel to burn, Roads to drive...

post-498-13667563885076_thumb.jpg

FL02: I take it you like Neil. I have seen him in concert on 3 occasions and would on many more, but it's been hard to catch him in concert. Last saw him a few summers ago near Columbus, OH. Opener was Lucinda Williams. She is excellent. I thought the crowd was less than lukewarm on her, which really puzzled me. Neil and she are definitely related when it comes to their musical points of view. I read that recent biography on him called Shakey. He is a quirky dude, but well worth putting up with IMO. (He's also a Lionel train fanatic --- he owns a large part of that co. and even designs some of their electronic gizmos!)

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

Neil and Trains, that's sorta strange. I'd like to see his train set, probably looks like a psychodelic locomotive cruising through a 60s Height Ashbury Scene or something. I like Neil, there is a method to his madness, and I like the crazy horse stuff when he plugs in that crazy guitar and jams. He reminds me of Dylan, but with more vulnerablilty and madness. The music of the BMW 2002, 1968-1976, was probably the best sound track ever. I'm wondering what a good 2002 remix would be. My car is a 69, so I could dip into Hendrix, Stones, Beatles, Janice and the Greatful Dead, and still be vintage. I need to make a good 69 soundtrack CD for the little car, & might bring back memories for it and make it run like new...

post-498-13667563905388_thumb.jpg

My car is a 69, so I could dip into Hendrix, Stones, Beatles, Janice and the Greatful Dead, and still be vintage. I need to make a good 69 soundtrack CD for the little car, & might bring back memories for it and make it run like new...

Hehehe. :) All I know is i'm 26 years old and been listening to that stuff for half my life. Haven't had the chance to see the stones in concert but Aerosmith... Woulda killed to see Hendrix.

FL02: I take it you like Neil. I have seen him in concert on 3 occasions and would on many more, but it's been hard to catch him in concert. Last saw him a few summers ago near Columbus, OH. Opener was Lucinda Williams. She is excellent. I thought the crowd was less than lukewarm on her, which really puzzled me. Neil and she are definitely related when it comes to their musical points of view. I read that recent biography on him called Shakey. He is a quirky dude, but well worth putting up with IMO. (He's also a Lionel train fanatic --- he owns a large part of that co. and even designs some of their electronic gizmos!)

Saw Niel in a parking lot in a marina in the bay area about 6 months ago, really nice guy, played some for the 4 of us. His manger lives in the same marina.

Charlie Mac in Sacramento.

My Blog

I'm an كافر

Besides trains, Neil is into vintage sound equipment, espec. old Fender amps and old guitars. With his wealth he can stockpile all the old amps he wants. With my car being a 75, Led Zep's "Physical Graffiti" makes a pretty good soundtrack CD for me. It cuts through the wind and engine noise pretty well too. I don't have Neil Young's "Zuma" on CD or I'd need to play that for a 75 sound as well!! His "Live Rust" CD sounds mighty good while cruising. Another favorite is the Stones "Sticky Fingers" -- that takes a lot of years off too. (or "Get yer Ya-Ya's Out" circa 1969 live at Madison Square Garden!)

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz