• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BMW 2002 Dual Din with CD holder and Cup holder

It may be a good concept for a daily driver....After seeing one of your gauge plates in a friend's 02, I'm sure whatever you design the quality will be excellent...keep it up....

'03 BMW Z4 3.0i

’89 BMW 325is

'80 Mercedes-Benz 300SD
'20 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT

Cup holders are manditory and it has to be big-gulp compatible! I've got a Walmart gizmo next to my e-brake lever! I did not rest until I found a arm rest w/cup holder from my E30. The Miata had holders in it until I turned it into road race only. (I'm addicted to Coke, diet that is)

This is my '02 rookie year. The car I bought has a smashed console so I am interested.

White '76

'89 325i

'90 Spec Miata

A cup holder in a 2002?? Give me a break.

If you want a cup holder, buy yourself a minivan

Really, I find this idea offensive.

Just my 2 cents

I too can do without the cup holder, however I like the idea of dual din.. I'd like to see more.

Just my 2 cents

Keep it. Some of us use our '02 as a daily driver and commute upwards of 40 miles a day. I'll take a bit of sports car sacrelige over the possibility of spilling Coke on my new carpet. Or would you rather I hold it in my lap?

/Some people just don't get it

Jason

1974 Malaga 2002 daily driver

Just for the record my 02 is a daily driver (except between Nov-March or whenever the snow/salt is gone) often way more than 40miles daily.

I bring a bottle of water and stuff it down between the seat and the brake lever. It's worked ok for 13 years.

Maybe I just don't have the addiction. To each his own........

Just my 2 cents

Keep it. Some of us use our '02 as a daily driver and commute upwards of 40 miles a day. I'll take a bit of sports car sacrelige over the possibility of spilling Coke on my new carpet. Or would you rather I hold it in my lap?

/Some people just don't get it

Yea, after spending on a new interior, i managed to spill red fruitopia everywhere. Thankfully carpet steamers are easy to get ahold of. Still I swore off it. but it is sometimes nice to have a coke in the car during a long drive.

Lately i drink water and that's all. I'll pull over to eat and not snack in the car :) Makes a diff

• 2 weeks later...
I bring a bottle of water and stuff it down between the seat and the brake lever. It's worked ok for 13 years.

Maybe I just don't have the addiction. To each his own........

No addiction; I usually drink water in the car myself. However my busy schedule occasionally means having to pick up dinner for the girlfriend and I on the way home, and the idea of having to hold two drinks between my legs isn't very appealing. Besides, in the folded position my cup holder is hardly noticeable and completely reversible.

The notion that a daily-driven sports car (sporting-oriented car for you purists out there) should be free of practicality has always puzzled me. As much as I wish were the case, not every jaunt in my '02 involves an autocross or mountain road. In fact, most of them are nearly void of worthwhile curves.

Cupholder or not, I'd wager that I drive my '02 more aggressively than a good percentage of the population.

post-322-13667564166948_thumb.jpg

Jason

Here is another option if Mark decides against putting his idea into production.

In the early '90s, the Taurus had a somewhat stealth single din cup/coin holder. Find one at the boneyard, or order the replacement part at a Ford dealership. Should be rather easy to install in an '02's console. (Ford products in a BMW?! The horror!)

No, this is not my car; mine is the one two posts above.

post-322-13667564195184_thumb.jpg

post-322-13667564196215_thumb.jpg

post-322-13667564197675_thumb.jpg

Jason