• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vin.Numbers - fun stuff

Jim_75Sahara

I looked at Ebay Motors today. There is a 1975 Sahara '02 listed in Chico, Calif. that has the very vin. no. just before mine. Mine is 2365006 and the car on Ebay is 2365005. I emailed him and he thought it pretty interesting too. His car has some nice upgrades and is in very good shape other than the door rust. Looks like the cars rolled out virtually identical back in 1975 & both are proud survivors.

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

It's just "V.I.N." ..Vehicle Identification Number, no need to add the word number after V.I.N. It's like the home repair show on the radio I listen to Saturday mornings; someone calls in now and then and mentions a problem with their "hot water heater", the unit is a "water heater". Ok guys, I'm done nitpickin'.

Tim

'69 2000

I looked at Ebay Motors today. There is a 1975 Sahara '02 listed in Chico, Calif. that has the very vin. no. just before mine. Mine is 2365006 and the car on Ebay is 2365005. I emailed him and he thought it pretty interesting too. His car has some nice upgrades and is in very good shape other than the door rust. Looks like the cars rolled out virtually identical back in 1975 & both are proud survivors.

Hey. I just looked at th VIN on my 75 Sahara and the VIN is 79 numbers away from yours. Mine is 2365085. Its a 4 spd with a sunroof. Right now its partially dismanted. I plan to restore it for my dad soon. It runs and could drive right now if put back together.

post-195-13667562082926_thumb.jpg

mine was sold new in NYC, 4803 was sold new in SF. And yes, I did get the steering column VIN plate; wish now I had gotten the engine block!

We have 1664730 and 1664834 on the board...

Closest I've come with my 73 (2587090) is 2587040. NY1 closer

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Jon: Good luck w/your Sahara 75 project. A fine addition to your stable of 02's. My dad should be interested in mine but is not. He's the one that bought one in the early 70's and got me interested. Enjoy the time w/ your dad.

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz