• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Insurance on an 02. theres a company that insures older cars

Lorfjord

I got my policy through J.C. Taylor...$100/year, $10k value. Stipulations include another car fully insured for each driving member of your household and a locked garage. No specific mileage limits. Terms of the policy basically boil down to "this isn't my daily driver, I use it on nice days and for club/enthusiast events."

Hope this helps. I'm in suburban Maryland, FWIW.

Tim L.
Ex-1975, 1976, 1976 BMW 2002s

Very similar to Tim's policy on his 1976 2002; I've been with State Farm for about 25 years now and with my 1969 2000, I pay just over $36.00 every 6 months, just paid Feb. through August of this year. I have a Corolla, insured with State Farm also, as my other car.The 2000 is in my garage now, battery taken out for winter just before Thanksgiving of 2005, will start to drive it again early April or so.

Tim

'69 2000

I use State Farm for my non-vintage stuff and Hagerty for the old rides. I have an E30 M3, a 74 02, an Alpina B9 and a Porsche 356SC insured with them. The 02, M3, and B9 are all insured for 25k each and run about 275.00 per yr. Yhe 356 is insured for 50k and is 355.00. They require that the cars be garaged at your residence and no more than 5k/yr. I am over 50 which may make my rates a little cheaper than some of the young pups on the board.

More former BMW's than it is possible to list.