• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

First run of cast euro turn signal lenses what do you think?

Great idea Lunar! I'd love a pair for the 74 currently in painting process! Keep up the good work!

• Like 1

'Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right'

Robert Hunter, Scarlet Begonias.

Gunther March 19, 1974. Hoffman Motors march 22 1974 NYC

Unless folks also swap the internal frames ya can’t make a flat Euro lens fit a bulging USA signal light frame…  The USA bulging lenses have frames with bulb reflectors that protrude and will foul the fiat lens. See pic.

Cool for folks that already have Euro frames tho’.

IMG_2400.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Where we goin’? … I’ll drive…
There are some who call me... Tom too         v i s i o n a u t i k s.com   

On 3/8/2024 at 10:59 PM, lunarkingdom said:

These will need to be glued in, I have to research what kind of glue to use it has to be clear so it will not make a colored ring on the back of the light. Silicone would probably work but I want to find something more permeant probably from the marine world (I live on my boat) so it will be a stronger bond. 

Try urethane made for windshields. No outgassing on cure…

IMG_2401.webp

• Like 2

Where we goin’? … I’ll drive…
There are some who call me... Tom too         v i s i o n a u t i k s.com   

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, visionaut said:

Unless folks also swap the internal frames ya can’t make a flat Euro lens fit a bulging USA signal light frame…  The USA bulging lenses have frames with bulb reflectors that protrude and will foul the fiat lens. See pic.

Cool for folks that already have Euro frames tho’.

IMG_2400.jpeg

I already bought a cheap pair of dual mode solid/sequential led turn signal lights that I have gutted and the PCB just barely fits inside, there are more I can buy and try and I am sure it is easy to remove the old fitting and put a new bulb socket in there without much effort. I even have a pair of stock bulbous ones laying around I bet you I can A pop out the plastic pillars that are melted into the two holes (guessing for now) B cut off the extra reflector ear and C push the socket in the 3/4 inches it needs to clear the lens.  I will post more as I figure it out.

Screen Shot 2024-03-10 at 8.11.07 PM.png

Edited by lunarkingdom
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, lunarkingdom said:

I already bought a cheap pair of dual mode solid/sequential led turn signal lights that I have gutted and the PCB just barely fits inside, there are more I can buy and try and I am sure it is easy to remove the old fitting and put a new bulb socket in there without much effort. I even have a pair of stock bulbous ones laying around I bet you I can A pop out the plastic pillars that are melted into the two holes (guessing for now) B cut off the extra reflector ear and C push the socket in the 3/4 inches it needs to clear the lens.  I will post more as I figure it out.

i'd gladly do this save some coin on euro markers.  keep us posted, nice work!

• Like 1

Me too. Given mine is a poor driver condition car overall and will stay that way for time eternal, these would be perfect for me! 

lol. 

Seriously, I'd love a pair for my 72. Clears would be even better, but ambers are fine. 

Pablo-

• Like 1

2003 e39 M5 (daily)

1986 e30 325es (sons car)

1972 2002tii (fun daily alternative)