• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Washer nozzles

VWScott

Ok so I'm in the process of working out all the niggles on my recently purchased '76 '02. I'm at the process of addressing the washer wiper system. i'm happy to say the electrics are all in good nick. however, there is the washer nozzle issue! Now before you say make sure the whole that is the issue,yes I've gone through it and without the nozzles everything is good. i removed nozzles from the car,soaked them overnight in vinegar,ran through my ultrasonic and finally attempted to clean with my welding tip cleaners. Well one is ok but the other is just not playing nicely.Sadly I must report that 
I broke off a tip cleaner in that troublesome git. It has me thinking is there an alternative to these crazy nozzles? or am I stuck with the original design? They don't seem readily available either and the cost is well a bit spendy. Any thoughts???

'67 Derby Grey VW Beetle

'76 Inka BMW 2002

For future reference...a better tool to ream out plugged nozzles is a short length of MIG wire.  It's softer and more flexible than a small drill bit or welding tip cleaner, and is less likely to break off in the nozzle as it tries to curve around the nozzle's output end...

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite