• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has anyone made a choke/ventrui pulling tool ?

MarcD

Got a set of auxiliary ventruis and chokes that are proper seized in the body of a DHLA. I've put a heat gun on the carb body and beat on them harder than I wanted, no dice. They are stuck like chuck. I think I can make a puller but thought I'd ask before striking out on my own. Ideally I'd like to pull these without doing enough damage to make them unusable. 

I have not made one but this one looks like it'd be easy enough to copy.

9800920000-1.jpg

9800920000a.jpg

CLASSICCARBS.CO.UK

Auxiliary Venturi removal tool. Suitable for Carburettors which have removable auxiliary venturis. NOT suitable for WEBER IDF Carburettor. This tool hooks and pulls the auxiliary venturi out. Very useful when restoring/repairing carburettors with seized/stuck auxiliary venturis. Can be very...

• Like 1

If the venturi is not binding elsewhere, the problem point could be the invisible small tension spring holding the venturi in place at its base.  (i) Squirt some lube down and into the small channel in which the spring travels to lubricate the spring, (ii) look through the throttle plate end and find a choke or venturi part, ledge, etc. that might accept gentle taps from a wood dowel, brass bar, or equivalent, and (iii) try tapping the stuck parts out.

I have never done this; however, it seems like something to try. 

"Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead!  I'll be in the Captain's quarters.  Let me know how it works out."

Edited by 2002#3
  • Like 1