Driver's side Motor Mount

Mark92131

Go to solution Solved by TobyB,

I was doing some test fitting of the motor mounts for the S14 swap.  I have the rectangle shaped driver's side motor mount with a cylinder-shaped alignment tab on both mounting surfaces.  Do people using this style just cut-off the outside alignment tab so the stud will reach the bottom of the mounting bracket.  With the outside alignment tab present, the stud seems too high in the mount and the motor will sit higher on the driver's side.  The round E12 version from IE only has the alignment tab on one side.

Mark92131

IMG_3452.JPG

• Solution

My vote- rotate the engine mount so that the alignment peg drops down into the slot.

Then see how far off vertical the engine mount  is...

From that picture, I can't tell exactly which way's up- the subframe mount tilts backwards, so

the alignment peg on the rubber engine mount's offset so that it sits at a right angle to the engine,

and thus has freedom of movement in the right axis.

t

17 hours ago, TobyB said:

My vote- rotate the engine mount so that the alignment peg drops down into the slot.

I was assuming that the orientation of the motor mount was in alignment with the subframe mount, but apparently it sits at a right angle when the peg is engaged in the slot.

Thanks Toby!

Mark92131

IMG_3453.JPG