• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2000tii Touring - Riviera Blue

ChristopherL

Price: $35500

Description:

1972 2000tii Touring

• Engine block and chassis are matching VIN
  • 4 speed manual
  • Sport seats
  • Repaint previously, presents well
  • Black/Grey speckled carpet
  • Very dry and clean chassis
  • ~50,000km indicated
  • Signs of chassis Ziebart/Rust protection previously (caps in quarter panel/doors)

Car came from CA, driven sparingly after acquisition, serviced in fall of 2021 to return to road ready state.

Tires are old (2009 production) and undersized, need to be replaced.

There is a rattle in the sunroof interior panel while driving. If you place your fingers on the back rear corner of the sunroof headliner, the rattle stops. Have not investigated it further than that at present.

Rear hatch support shocks are soft, and need replacement to hold the hatch open

Left driver seat-belt receptacle needs to be replaced

Dashboard has been replaced with a 1-piece dash previously

Front fenders have been off the car previously (note the seams at the top where they meet the nose)

Does appear to have a proper Tii center nose without snorkel

Engine oil leak from timing chain tensioner/front cover area

Recent service in fall of 2021 includes:

-Rear wheel cylinders

-Rear brake shoes & e-brake cables

-Pertronix ignition

-Spark plugs

-Both rear wheel bearings

-Differential rebuild (bearings and seals)

-Speedometer sent to Palo Alto for calibration (trip odometer reset was seized - odometer functioning at time of repair)

Great car for someone who wants a Tii/Touring to pick away at and bring to the next level, or drive it exactly as it is and enjoy it.

I have a more comprehensive photo file for interested individuals.

Please email me for fastest response - Chris@VSR1.com

Thank you,

Chris L.

DSC_6508.jpg

DSC_6509.jpg

DSC_6510.jpg

DSC_6511.jpg

DSC_6515.jpg

DSC_6516.jpg

DSC_6535.jpg

DSC_6546.jpg

DSC_6551.jpg

DSC_6554.jpg

DSC_6555.jpg

DSC_6556.jpg

DSC_6568.jpg

DSC_6582.jpg

DSC_6583.jpg

DSC_6608.jpg

DSC_6620.jpg

DSC_6621.jpg

DSC_6624.jpg

DSC_6625.jpg

DSC_6626.jpg

• Like 2

Christopher L.

www.VSR1.com

I've driven this Touring & enjoyed it for 30+ minutes. I'm at my BMW limit or I would have already bought this. I'm sure it will go to a proper steward. 

• Like 2

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40

Maybe a sore subject to some, but regardless of current economic conditions I think this one would be bid to the moon on BringATrailer given what I see.  Incredibly generous to offer this to FAQ forum members at that asking price.

A follow-on then is that this is the type of opportunity that a flipper looks for and it would be a shame for that to happen--that the flipper would end up with that difference between asking price and market value instead of the current owner.

-Gary

Edited by AlfaBMWGuy
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, mbausa2001 said:

Couldn’t agree more! 

I know we all watched the absolutely beautiful Chamonix 2002tii Touring on BAT a few weeks back, that brought a great price.

I'm factoring in that this car is not perfect, will need some amount of tinkering/service as it starts to get used/driven more (what '02 doesn't?), and it would be nice to see it go to an enthusiast.

BAT will be the next step if we don't find a serious party in the near future.
I've intentionally not listed this on sites like Autotrader Classic/Hemmings/etc. to give a 2002 enthusiast a chance at aquiring the car before a speculator.

Thank you,

-Chris

• Like 3

Christopher L.

www.VSR1.com

3 hours ago, adawil2002 said:

I've driven this Touring & enjoyed it for 30+ minutes. I'm at my BMW limit or I would have already bought this. I'm sure it will go to a proper steward. 

Andrew - could not agree more. We are at the limits in our storage. I wish I could make room for this. Though the one I really want was at Mid America this year - the Colorado Touring. Calling first dibs. Rich

'72 2002 Tundra/Saddle,

'72 2002tii Ceylon/Black 

'89 325is Alpine White/Sand - 88 535is Royal Blau Gray Leather M Cloth