• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RamFlo Update?

RMBaiada

I just installed a phenolic spacer under my Weber 38/38 DGAS carburetor (1974 2002, owned since new), and now I need a shorter air cleaner than the Redline (2-5/8" tall K&N) that came with the carburetor to prevent damage to the hood.

I like the flow, height and look of the RamFlo, but the BMW FAQ posts on the RamFlo are old, with some of the posts from the mid 2000s saying that the RamFlo filter was flammable.

I assume that RamFlo has corrected this but was hoping to get some updated information on the RamFlo 1000 and 600, or any other suggested air filter that is around 2" tall that works well and looks good.

Michael

1 hour ago, Leucadian said:

I can't speak to RamFlo, but have you looked at ITG yet?

The one I run is just shy of 2" on my 38/38

image.png

Any concerns about filtering quality of these vs K&N? Not suggesting there is a problem with ITG, just wondering. 

Also, who made the strut brace? Can't quite make it out. 

1 hour ago, Pdxguy said:

Any concerns about filtering quality of these vs K&N? Not suggesting there is a problem with ITG, just wondering. 

I've had it for going on 2 years now, and there's been no issue.  Because it's all foam and plastic construction, it's easy to clean as well.  Just soap and water, and re-spray with filter oil.  

Strut brace is Wallothesch

Edited by Leucadian

Engine bay OCD is a real problem

@02carbs 

1 hour ago, Pdxguy said:

Weichers Sport strut bar would be my guess.  Had mine powder coated black. They come red.

IMG_3432.thumb.jpg.05229a265d8862420258896849636b6e.jpg