• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

There is Nothing, Absolutely Nothing….

Jdddrigot

In 1978, my wife to be and I were skiing in Lake Tahoe. My mom and dad had driven to Kirkwood Meadows in their RV and we were supposed to meet up with them.

Now I hate, and I mean hate putting chains on tires. It was snowing like mad when we left Tahoe on the way to Kirkwood. At the time I owned a Chamonix 1970 2002, skinny tires, single barrel carb, an awesome car. We wound up virtually plowing the road for a good part of the way to Kirkwood. The snow started off about 6" deep in Tahoe and eventually about 12" deep in the parking lot at Kirkwood. The road to Kirkwood has a good enough climb that it was do not stop territory, I'd never get going again without chains.

The car never skipped a beat the entire way. I miss that car.....

• Like 3

72 2002tii

1988 535is  “Maeve”

Kind of off topic but sorta in line- 

I have a collection of 60s/70’s Sears garden tractors. I had one that I’ve since sold “One eyed Jack” (only had one headlight when I bought it). It had 6.5” wide x 23” tall tires on the back. That thing would push a 48” wide blade full of “blue” snow in a pile rolling over the top of the blade like it was nobodies business with just two sets of wheel weights (33lbs each cast iron discs). 

All of my other tractors have 7.5” wide or wider rear tires. My current plow rig pushes a 42” blade on 7.5” wide tires with 3 sets of weights on the back wheels (80lbs a side- two seats sets and one IH set) and 2 link chains and it still doesn’t push as effortlessly at Jack did… Man I miss that tractor.