• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB: Black brake fluid reservoir cap

AlfaBMWGuy

Looking for a nice condition brake fluid reservoir cap, the original ATE black cap with the blue center.  I do not need all the level sensor bits (including the blue center) as mine functions fine, but I'd take them if someone wants to sell it complete.  My current cap has a small crack so I'm looking for one with no issues.  I can swap over the sensor level parts from my existing one.  From a years old thread here on the FAQ, I found a pic of a disassembled cap showing just the part of it I actually need:

image.png.e9df068240a55dea8cc9d02068ccd246.png

Thanks,

Gary

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, AlfaBMWGuy said:

Oh, yes. If you don't care about the level sensor, you can get a simple, cheap black cap. But, why give up what is a really nice safety feature where the U.S. cars offer a clear benefit over the Euro version?

Just added my comment after I received a new reservoir from Blunt a couple years ago for my 69.  The solid cap can be used when opening the braking circuit (add a piece of Saran Wrap under the cap to help prevent the system from draining).

Yes- very helpful to retain US float for dash indicator.

• Like 1

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

15 hours ago, AlfaBMWGuy said:

Oh, yes. If you don't care about the level sensor, you can get a simple, cheap black cap. But, why give up what is a really nice safety feature where the U.S. cars offer a clear benefit over the Euro version?

If you check oil & water on a regular basis, then add brake-clutch reservoir to that task. No worries.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17