• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

tii Water Pump Options

kmoy2002

Hey members,

Looking at options for water pump options for a tii. Most of the regular sites I shop at ECS, Turner, FCP, etc only stock the OE BMW unit.

I recall in the past there were a plethora of aftermarket alternatives? RockAuto and Autozone carry an aftermarket replacement but the pumps depicted don't have that 90 degree return flange of the tii pump and look like the standard 2002 pump. 

Is my only option to splurge the pricey OE unit? I've read that people here have rebuilt their water pumps? I'm not familiar with that process as I was under the impression these were consumables that people often replaced rather than rebuilt. Any leads on anyone that could do that here in Los Angeles? Sources for alternative pump options?

Open to hearing the collective communities thoughts.

Thanks,

'73 2002tii Fjord Metallic Blue

'14 i3 Laurel Gray Metallic

I just bought three tii pumps from W & N.

they were just over $100 each. they are 

good enough to do the job and look to be

a very good example. there is no markings

on the unit but works well on my 74.

stone

stone racing co

phila pa 19123

S, if you can find a tii pump for $100, you should clear the shelves.  Otherwise, kmoy2002, if you have an old core The Flying Dutchman in Oregon will rebuild it for about $150 plus shipping.   http://water-pump-rebuilders.com/

I replaced mine last year, and since a spare water pump is one of my standard “old car” road trip supplies, sent the old one off. Of course, I haven’t installed it yet, as the new one hasn’t failed (yet), but FD’s reputation is very good and I think it gives a 1 yr-plus guarantee.  And Wade Jenezon there strikes me as a craftsman’s craftsman.  FD has had great reviews on this site and elswhere.  And my interaction with them was cordial and orderly (if not superquick).  That kind of business is all too rare these days, so I was glad to support them and to rely on their work when the time comes.  And they made a good-looking piece of steel out of a pump that looked like a coral reef when I pulled it:image.jpeg 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

‘74 Fjord 2002tii (Zouave)

’80 Alpenweiss 528i (Evelyn)

’05 R53 Chili Red Mini S

‘56 Savage Model 99 in .250-3000