• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB 235/5 output flange

artbo

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Conserv said:

Just as an FYI, I believe they are still available through Walloth & Nesch.

Regards,

Steve

Hey Steve, they are indeed available from WN. More importantly the output shafts are also available. Funny, these bits were unobtanium in the 80’s-90’s and are now being reproed. Not sure how many 235/5’s were produced, but can’t be too many. The box in my turbo is in desperate need of a new shaft! Thanks for letting me know. Hope all is well with you.

Art

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, artbo said:

… Funny, these bits were unobtanium in the 80’s-90’s and are now being reproed. Not sure how many 235/5’s were produced, but can’t be too many…

Funny that you mention that, Art!

Worried about the future of these things, I’ve been checking on parts for my 235/5 and I’ve been surprised — virtually shocked — by the number of parts actually available from W&N and BMW for a transmission manufactured 50 years ago — and with a total production of perhaps 2,000 units! I have no idea whether my trans needs it, but I couldn’t resist an output shaft!

Best regards,

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)