• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2002 Electrical help needed in Denver, Boulder, CO area

Stein-man

58 minutes ago, esty said:

i wouldn't bet my dog on it

I've never heard that before, but, honestly, what would you bet your dog on?  I wouldn't bet my dog anything...  How sure would you have to be to do that?  I don't think I could ever be that sure about anything.  Could you imagine losing your dog?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.

20 minutes ago, irdave said:

I've never heard that before, but, honestly, what would you bet your dog on?  I wouldn't bet my dog anything...  How sure would you have to be to do that?  I don't think I could ever be that sure about anything.  Could you imagine losing your dog?

none of my kids are going anywhere....

• Like 1

Esty -

Bingo for you.  There are two screws one can remove to access the switch connections.  They were all correct, by the way, except for the wire from the directional stalk which went on the only available spot.  

After a full-on rebuild of my light switch, which works like new now, I have to report, sadly, that I didn't improve the #2 fuse blowing situation.  Hmmm.  

Also, with the ignition switch in the on position, I get a small arc when I hook up the ground lead to the battery.  If I pull each fuse out of the fusebox, I still get the arcing.  Hmmm.  

- Rob

I'd look closely at the headlamp wiring, and the high beam stalk.

The headlamps on roundies were not wired with relays and there is considerable current load on the switch, and high beam stalk switch.

If anyone added relays, look there too.

BTW I hope when you are cranking the car for oil pressure, your fuel pump isn't running. Otherwise you'll be flooded before Esty's dogs wag their tails!

?

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

Ray -

I think it's hard to screw up the headlight wiring, it's pretty basic.  The high beam stalk is another situation.  The back side is simple - four soldered connections.  The bakelite piece has been expoxied to the housing, so someone has been in there "working".  Maybe that makes it more suspicious.  

Also, thanks for the tip - I had the pump unplugged during cranking for oil pressure.  

Jim K -

You should know that IRDave has said that since his wife is leaving town on Thursday, that day or soon after might be good times to get together and see if we can get this project moving forward.  Besides the fuse blowing, it's time to start her up!  Keep in touch.

- Rob

720-331-2002