• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Update on Vintage Dashes replacement dashes

Teelinger

5 hours ago, SteveDraz said:

still waiting.........

Yes, hence the good news that MVP is now planning on making them! I have only used a few of thier products, but they seem to get good reviews and usually deliver on their promise for new items in decent timeframe. In other words, when they announce a new product it usually comes to market soon. Now sure why they decided on a two piece, but the more options the better at this point.

• Like 1

1969 2002 Granada, 2nd owner

1976 2002 Fjordblau (owned 10 years)

A few steering wheels

What I remember was that the two piece was to be the first release, followed by the earlier and later.  As a 73 owner, I am happy to see this!

If earlier posts bear out, the position for the tii clock and the seat belt light will be marked out on the foam side, so I can do the clock and dump the seat belt light.  Not sure if there will be shift pattern markings.

Oh Bleep!  That's MVP and not Vintage Dashes.  My bad.

Edited by David Layton
  • Like 1

Frau Blucher - 73 tii

Captain Biggles - 66 Triumph TR4a

Great news someone else is jumping on this.

Honestly, I don't really care who makes it, if its good quality I'll buy it from whom ever gets to market first. 

• Like 3

1987 Porsche 944 Turbo (sold)
1973 Mintgrun 2002 "Kermit" (sold)

1973 Inka 2002 "Ernie"

1986 VW Vanagon Syncro Weekender "Otto Van Gonzo"

On 3/30/2023 at 10:25 AM, JohnP_02 said:

Yes, hence the good news that MVP is now planning on making them! I have only used a few of thier products, but they seem to get good reviews and usually deliver on their promise for new items in decent timeframe. In other words, when they announce a new product it usually comes to market soon. Now sure why they decided on a two piece, but the more options the better at this point.

Except they have said their early model grill sets will be out "soon" for the last two years

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

After finding out that I need to remove the windshield to remove the dash, I find that my scope creep is getting out of control. 

I think I will have to wait for the next iteration of the interior before I do both.   Just trying to get it on the road. 

"Goosed" 1975 BMW 2002

19 minutes ago, Dudeland said:

After finding out that I need to remove the windshield to remove the dash,

You only need to remove the windshield if it is the first time ever removing the dash. 

There are two screws that are hidden by the windshield gasket, but nobody ever puts those screws back in if they have taken the dash out. In all likelihood, the screws are not in there and you can remove the dash without having to do the windshield. 

• Like 2

I figure that if I do this, I will also go back and correct a few bugs in my heater box rebuild (vents not totally shutting), adjust my early tii clock (loses 5 min a day) and fix the clock light.  I will also delete the seatbelt light.  I wonder if MVP and Vintage will have these out at the same time.

Frau Blucher - 73 tii

Captain Biggles - 66 Triumph TR4a

19 hours ago, slowbert said:

You only need to remove the windshield if it is the first time ever removing the dash. 

There are two screws that are hidden by the windshield gasket, but nobody ever puts those screws back in if they have taken the dash out. In all likelihood, the screws are not in there and you can remove the dash without having to do the windshield. 

This is my first time taking out the dash.  I am not sure if the P O (s) did at any time, but I highly doubt it,   The thing is a disaster, not including the RAM mount that I screwed to it (it wasn't going to make it any worse). 

The windshield is pretty beaten as well.  My car is as liveried as a turbo, but still has the chrome windshield trim, which I will replace with the period correct blackout trim to complete the "Illusion" LOL :) . 

"Goosed" 1975 BMW 2002