• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this an '02 part?

man_mark_7

Too bad there is not an image match capability on the FAQ. I tried Google Image Search and it thinks this might be an instant camera ?

This came out of a box of mostly '02 bits I bought about a year ago. Is it an '02 part? What is it / what year(s)? There is certainly nothing like it on my '73.

thanks for looking.

Mark

PXL_20201021_153744186.jpg

2 minutes ago, Preyupy said:

Chrysler ignition module.  Definitely NOT a BMW part.  

Bingo! https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ignition-Control-Module-For-Mopar-A-B-C-E-F-Body-w-Electronic-Ignition-209/133486116949?fits=Make%3AChrysler&hash=item1f14648055:g:hAoAAOSw3utY5p07

There wasn't any part # on it, other than the TI (That's Texas Instruments, not Touring International) number which didn't turn up any car parts when I tried.

Since a new one sells for $18, this one is destined for the electronics scrap bin.

thank you.

That is an electronic ignition module from a ‘70’s Chrysler product. Trucks, cars. Great for retrofitting onto an earlier Mopar with points.  Needs the appropriate distributor. Maybe the po had ideas?

too slow

Edited by m42002

1976 02 in Granatrot Met. m42, 5sp. - Greta

34 minutes ago, Preyupy said:

In the old days of the FAQ C.D. would have told you it belonged at the bottom of your neighbor's pool.  

Yeah - I see that mentioned all the time, but I never quite understood the joke. I could see "bury it in your neighbors garden" or, hide it under their deck, if you are just trying to not throw it in your trash for some reason. But a neighbor would see it if you threw it into their pool. And, if your neighbors were to see you tinkering on your car all the time, like mine see me doing, they would quickly deduce where the part came from.... ?

58 minutes ago, man_mark_7 said:

Yeah - I see that mentioned all the time, but I never quite understood the joke. I could see "bury it in your neighbors garden" or, hide it under their deck, if you are just trying to not throw it in your trash for some reason. But a neighbor would see it if you threw it into their pool. And, if your neighbors were to see you tinkering on your car all the time, like mine see me doing, they would quickly deduce where the part came from.... ?

My guess it was more about tossing it over the fence and out of his life,  his neighbor just happened to have a pool.  

• Thanks 1

1970 1602 (purchased 12/1974)

1974 2002 Turbo

1988 M5

1986 Euro 325iC