• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Options for rear seat coverings

Highnote1

I have a great set of recaros in the front. I need affordable options for black rear seats. My original tan are toast but frames are fine. What is the most affordable way to get something that matches plenty close? What do shops charge for just refinishing in matching black vinyl These days? I don’t see an easy affordable online diy route. 

A29A4447-3438-40C9-A725-337A9FB02F43.jpeg

Rears are a lot easier for an upholstery shop to do than the fronts. I'd pull the rears and bring them to a few shops and see what they say.

I don't have a current price range unfortunately - but unless you are in Austin, Texas it wouldn't be applicable anyway. More than $300, less than $700 most likely?

Jason

1973 2002tii (2764167), Baikal, Rebuild blog here!

In the past: Verona H&B 1973 2002tii (2762913); Malaga 1975 2002; White 1975 2002

--> Blog: Repro tii cold start relay;   + --> Need an Alpina A4 tuning guide? PM me!

Options

1.  If you decide to go the route of recovering, Maxillion has original vinyl in stock. You can buy the material and take it to the upholstery shop. Or just have the shop try and match the Recaros.

2. Budget- Walmart or similar big box store will have bench seat covers. Bonus - if they don’t fit right easy to return.

3. Rear seat delete.  

4. E24 rear seat swap - May take some hunting to find black - (I actually enjoy a good parts hunt - internet has made that easy) 

5. post a WTB “want to buy” and see what people have for sale.  You may get lucky. 

6. Take some measurements and head to the pick and pull junk yard - you may find something that will fit with some slight modifications 

Good luck.

• Like 1