• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Plan for next summer Drive4Corners

jimk

• 2 weeks later...

Registration is now open.  Hotel is The Grand Lodge Crested Butte Hotel & Suites.  3 Room sizes available starting at $89 per night + taxes.

Three drives available Friday and Saturday, short 10-15 mi,  medium 150-200 mi and long 250 mi.  Different drives each day.  There is an event fee, includes a brunch and a main dinner, a tee shirt and lots of fun.

• Like 1

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.

Jim - I reserved a room for 4 nights. Not 100% I can go...but small risk penalty. ;) I might delay my actual D4C reg until I can firm up.

Might be the 4 tho... the boss ain’t a fan of longer drives in my 02 ?

Where we goin’? … I’ll drive…
There are some who call me... Tom too         v i s i o n a u t i k s.com   

• 3 months later...

Hey-

I have also registered for this event - I've wanted to go for years, but the motor was not running well... that has been remedied so I AM GOING this year.  Sadly, not in my 2002, which was sold and is reportedly RIP (Rusting In Peace) in Arvada. Will take the E28 535i.

I am also donating a door prize or two from 'Mo Brighta Mo Betta' for the event - lighting upgrades for 2002 and other vintage models like E9 coupes, E21 and E30 threes, E12 and E28 fives, E24 sixes, E23 sevens, and of course all manner of earlier cars with round tails.  I am open to suggestion from anyone, especially those planning to attend.  So far, I have been watching the attendees list of car year and model - looks like only about seven candidates... pretty good odds for winning a prize, eh?

There is a drive to the event from Denver to BV to Taylor Park reservoir and then to CB,  I am planning to drive this as well, getting away from superslab is a primary goal of mine.  The route looks very scenic, and was recently paved! 

Anyone going and want to make a suggestion for lighting upgrades? 

Andy

Andy the tail light guy says "Be Seen, and Not Hurt!"  [mailto:mobrighta@comcast.net]

Lighting Upgrades for E3, E9, E10, E12, E21, E23, E24, E28, E30, E32, E36, E39 - front & back
Tail Light upgrades keep them off your tail, out of your trunk;
Headlight film keeps your 'eyes' from being scratched out or broken.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Hey, where is everybody?

Las year we signed up, and then begged off the drives, hoping to get full value out of the D4C THIS YEAR!  Thankfully, the hotel was very good about canceling our reservation so we didn't lose a penny.  Mr. Schultz saved our reservation and we will hope to attend this year. 

Please, anyone with details or enthusiasm, post here.

Andy, the tail light guy.

Andy the tail light guy says "Be Seen, and Not Hurt!"  [mailto:mobrighta@comcast.net]

Lighting Upgrades for E3, E9, E10, E12, E21, E23, E24, E28, E30, E32, E36, E39 - front & back
Tail Light upgrades keep them off your tail, out of your trunk;
Headlight film keeps your 'eyes' from being scratched out or broken.

For sure.  I bet I could the wife to buy into this one as she's dying to spend some time at Crusty Butt.  Maybe bring the mtn bikes down for a couple days early...

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.

I haven't heard whether there is a drive.  The Drive 4Corners website has a tickler but no info on dates/reservations/hotels

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.

• BMW Neue Klasse - a birth of a Sports Sedan

BMW Neue Klasse - a birth of a Sports Sedan

Unveiling of the Neue Klasse Unveiled in 1961, BMW 1500 sedan was a revolutionary concept at the outset of the '60s. No tail fins or chrome fountains. Instead, what you got was understated and elegant, in a modern sense, exciting to drive as nearly any sports car, and yet still comfortable for four.   The elegant little sedan was an instant sensation. In the 1500, BMW not only found the long-term solution to its dire business straits but, more importantly, created an entirely new
    History of the BMW 2002 and the 02 Series

History of the BMW 2002 and the 02 Series

In 1966, BMW was practically unknown in the US unless you were a touring motorcycle enthusiast or had seen an Isetta given away on a quiz show.  BMW’s sales in the US that year were just 1253 cars.  Then BMW 1600-2 came to America’s shores, tripling US sales to 4564 the following year, boosted by favorable articles in the Buff Books. Car and Driver called it “the best $2500 sedan anywhere.”  Road & Track’s road test was equally enthusiastic.  Then, BMW took a cue from American manufacturers,
    The BMW 2002 Production Run

The BMW 2002 Production Run

BMW 02 series are like the original Volkswagen Beetles in one way (besides both being German classic cars)—throughout their long production, they all essentially look alike—at least to the uninitiated:  small, boxy, rear-wheel drive, two-door sedan.  Aficionados know better.   Not only were there three other body styles—none, unfortunately, exported to the US—but there were some significant visual and mechanical changes over their eleven-year production run.   I’ve extracted t
  • Upcoming Events

• Supporting Vendors