• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Call me a FENDER, FLARE, NUT

conkitchen

I

HATE

NUTSERTS.

(credit to RIMSPOKE)

I have never had them work well, and 

I've tried everything from cheap Chinese

to crappy Korean to well- made European.

I would MUCH rather drill out an aluminum pop

rivet than a spinning nutsert.

That said, I always WISHED they'd work...

...and I resemble that color.

t

used a lot of pop rivets last time

Needs to take a mold off them, as

the last version seems to be unobtanium now.

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

The one challenging thing with the nutserts was to maintain alignment to the flare's pattern.  After installing each one (nutsert) I would bolt up the flare to check the alignment and make minor corrections to the pilot hole for the next insert. Had to hog out a couple holes to bring the next one into alignment for the bigger bore.  I did have a couple go badly and drilled them out and installed another.  Over all, I like it best as I can remove the flare in minutes to clean and or prevent damage when working on the suspension.  

The rubber gasket "welting" is key to a nice finish.  

but what do I know

Just to add more details. I am using stainless steel hex head machine screws which look much more space-age. 

Edited by conkitchen
  • Like 1

But what do I know

I have a set of original Turbo flares I'm debating of putting on my 68 when I get around to paint and body work but my body is clean and rust free I'm having a hard time deciding if I wan't to chop it up

Turbo Flares.jpg

11 hours ago, rcf925 said:

I have a set of original Turbo flares I'm debating of putting on my 68 when I get around to paint and body work but my body is clean and rust free I'm having a hard time deciding if I wan't to chop it up

Turbo Flares.jpg

Please no turbo flares on a roundie. 

• Like 1

rtheriaque wrote:

Carbs: They're necessary and barely controlled fuel leaks that sometimes match the air passing through them.

My build blog:http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/163-simeons-blog/

10 hours ago, conkitchen said:

I vote maybe 

My car is a tii, so some might say it's now ruined. 

What did you say?

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.