• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brake bleeders leaking

Booger32

Well I resolved my driveshaft and gas tank issues and was proud of myself for a complete brake refurb. However, my Cardone rebuilt calipers continue to leak at the bleeders....at least I hope it's the bleeders. The new bleeders are super long, longer than the originals. I can wipe off the fluid on the bottom of the calipers and they will stay dry, until I press the brake pedal and they start leaking again.(a couple of drops overnight).  I believe they are leaking at the threads.

Anyone  else had this problem? 

I kept my old old calipers and I wonder if I should scavenge the old bleeders and install them?

Dang I hate to do this caliper job all over again.

Any suggestions,

Thanks, Steve 

Yeah I wasn't happy with the bleeders on the set of rebuilt calipers I got. Ordered some replacements. Be careful not to be tempted to over tighten the bleeders as that will deform them and make them worse.

1976 BMW 2002 Chamonix. My first love.

1972 BMW 2002tii Polaris. My new side piece.