• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Boxed control arms

Dennosaurus

Had a pretty good response from people seeing these so I thought I’d bring them over to the “for sale” section

I work at a fabrication shop and I am lucky enough to make parts for my own car but I thought I’d share.

I have boxed my own control arms, like i’ve seen in a few race cars of the period, for the added structural rigidity over the stock arms.

They are cut to shape and dimpled for reduced weight and added strength.

I am not provided you a “kit”

I am providing you a service

If you send me your control arms I will media blast them, stitch weld the seams, add the plates to “box”

powder coat or plating upon request

$100 per pair

You pay shipping to me

Powder coat or plating price will vary

I will pay return shipping

b44fa5e54e1e62471ab7c30478546ce6.jpg76dc9e00d1fa4b9efdd343cd6ee16a7a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

Sadly, I paid Dennis Middleton, the original poster, the $100 he requested, and sent him a pair of sandblasted and straight control arms. A few weeks later I asked for an update and he responded that he wasn’t sure he still worked at the company where he had access to a welder. That was several weeks ago. He hasn’t responded to my recent requests for a refund and to return my control arms. I’ve filed a resolution request with PayPal.

This sucks. The offer seemed genuine, and the control arms I shipped to Dennis were in excellent condition. While I hope it somehow works out and I get my control arms and money back, or better yet, I receive the upgraded control arms Dennis agreed to provide, I’m not holding my breath. 

Edited by williamggruff

williamggruff

'76 2002 "Verona" / '12 Fiat 500 Sport "Latte" / '21 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off Road Prem “The Truck”