• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 2002 got accepted into Quail this year-now what?

bmw_e30

I'm sure they made a mistake but my pos got accepted and now I'm not sure what to do.

I would need a stock 68-73 steering wheel to complete the interior and a few odds n ends like new rear plate lights etc to complete the exterior. The last 2002 that I saw at Quail was our own Coop's 2002 (his was a really nice car) 2 years ago.

This year being the 50th anniversary of the 2002 I hear there will be a few 2002's at the show but I'm still a bit nervous since this is the cream of the crop when it comes to car shows. I should mention this is not judged or anything, basically people pay $700 a tickets and get drunk on 50 year old scotch and eat a ton of incredible food and look at the most amazing post war cars on earth.

Pics from last year

http://www.sportscardigest.com/quail-motorsports-gathering-2017-report-photos/

18' Racing Yellow 911 GT3
71' Agave Green 2002
10' Silver Landcruiser 200 series
10' White Landcruiser Prado 150 series

1 hour ago, HBChris said:

Cars are judged by the competitors in each class.

that's true but its not a traditional concourse is what i meant. its literally like a car meeting with really nice cars and food/drinks

71' Agave Green 2002

If you can afford it I would do it.  Odds of being invited back (or accepted or whatever) in the near term are probably slim (and I have no idea what car turbo, tii, ti or whatever you are offering), so I would get my check book out and dig up the parts, go to the show/meet or whatever you want to call it and enjoy yourself.  I have not been, but one of these years in the not too distant plan on going as it looks like a good time, if only attended once.

coop my car is a looooong way from that baikal beauty.

funny thing is my mom is flying out from LA to attend the show as well.

71' Agave Green 2002

That is funny! I hope you and your Mom have a wonderful time together.

Well...your car is going to be on the same lawn as my Baikal tii was...so it actually won’t be “a long way” from it at all.

Besides, “my” tii (2760754) now resides with its new owner in Europe...So you have a major edge there.

My advice (fwiw) is don’t bother spending a fortune getting your car “ready.” TQ selected it for a reason and you really don’t have to go nuts...unless you want to!

COOP

• Like 1

3 hours ago, COOP said:

That is funny! I hope you and your Mom have a wonderful time together.

Well...your car is going to be on the same lawn as my Baikal tii was...so it actually won’t be “a long way” from it at all.

Besides, “my” tii (2760754) now resides with its new owner in Europe...So you have a major edge there.

My advice (fwiw) is don’t bother spending a fortune getting your car “ready.” TQ selected it for a reason and you really don’t have to go nuts...unless you want to!

COOP

will do and thank you. i'm not stressing over the car anymore i'm taking it as it is

with that said if someone has a oem steering wheel in mint condition that would be awesome ?

• Like 2

71' Agave Green 2002

i have vip invites to the bmw villa if anyone is coming up?

drive all the new bmw's on wed 9am-5pm

quail after party in the late afternoon on fri

big monterey car week party sat night

email me at arafromwillows@hotmail.com and I will hook you up if you are for sure able to make it

71' Agave Green 2002

On 7/24/2018 at 1:05 PM, COOP said:

My Quail story.

My buddies CSL coupe got selected for the Quail in 2016. We drove up together in our coupes from LA the weekend before, drove around a bunch while there and then decided the night before that it would probably be a good idea to get his car cleaned up for the show. Granted, it had been repainted the year before and looked great. We found some cleaning supplies in the house we rented and must have worked at it for abooooout and hour and then got bored. Cocktails, out for dinner and more cocktails. At 11 PM, i decided to "detail" the tires. In the dark. With a paper towel. Put it over the top I told my friend. 

Short story long, and much to the chagrin of the others in his judged group who trucked their cars in and had full detail crews prepping their cars, he won his class.

Go and have a great time! 

Edited by TodB
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, TodB said:

My Quail story.

My buddies CSL coupe got selected for the Quail in 2016. We drove up together in our coupes from LA the weekend before, drove around a bunch while there and then decided the night before that it would probably be a good idea to get his car cleaned up for the show. Granted, it had been repainted the year before and looked great. We found some cleaning supplies in the house we rented and must have worked at it for abooooout and hour and then got bored. Cocktails, out for dinner and more cocktails. At 11 PM, i decided to "detail" the tires. In the dark. With a paper towel. Put it over the top I told my friend. 

Short story long, and much to the chagrin of the others in his judged group who trucked their cars in and had full detail crews prepping their cars, he won his class.

Ha! Awesome. 

• Like 1

rtheriaque wrote:

Carbs: They're necessary and barely controlled fuel leaks that sometimes match the air passing through them.

My build blog:http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/163-simeons-blog/

51 minutes ago, TodB said:

My Quail story.

loved this story

ya at this point i'm taking my pos with all its scars as is and will just enjoy the experience

71' Agave Green 2002

2 minutes ago, markmac said:

You should post up a couple of pics of your entry.....I would enjoy seeing what your bringing, being I won't/can't be there this year (unfortunately).

will take a few pics for at the show for sure and share them

the darker the light the better it looks :)

71' Agave Green 2002