• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your NK this week?

• 4 months later...

Got back last night after a 2 1/2 month absence. Got rid of the dryer pads (mice repellent), re-connected the battery, affixed my portable battery charger, squirted some starting fluid in the carb, and cranked her up in 30 seconds.  Temperature in the garage: -3 C

Then after letting the engine warm up went for a nice drive to enjoy the morning sun.

1967 2000 #1326213 SOLD / 1972 2002 Verona - insurance loss / 1962 700 Luxus SOLD / 1975 530i Malaga SOLD

http://nk2000project.blogspot.com/

"Rust Never Sleeps"

Here's the brand. My garage is less than two yrs old and I've never seen a mouse in it but there are plenty in the neighborhood. Yes, it worked perfectly. Assuming there are mice poking around. Used the same brand last year when I left my car in an older hotel underground garage hard by the Port of Victoria. I've seen rats on that street the size of wolverines lol

Funny thing is, some people say they don't work. But I say, if it ain't broke don't fix it.  I used about 15 sheets all told and plugged interior heating vents, image.thumb.jpg.77bd6c3041a9aa5160b8d126bc217044.jpgcarb, snorkel, exhaust, plenum, and goodness knows where else!

Note the brand is Canadian. Actually I can't swear it's Canadian but that is how it's sold here.

Edited by kiva667

1967 2000 #1326213 SOLD / 1972 2002 Verona - insurance loss / 1962 700 Luxus SOLD / 1975 530i Malaga SOLD

"Rust Never Sleeps"

• 2 months later...

kiva667, thanks for the dryer stirp information. I will give it a try. The packaging looks like a store brand, fresh scent might be a typical "flavor."  When my neighbor, 100' away uses her dryer with a dryer strip the aroma is overwhelming. 

Thanks,

2 hours ago, bavariaboy said:

kiva667, thanks for the dryer stirp information. I will give it a try. The packaging looks like a store brand, fresh scent might be a typical "flavor."  

Sure, no problem. The sheets I use are absolutely generic, and cost one dolla' at the local Dollarama! I think the trick is to use LOTS!.

The other trick is to remember where you placed them to make sure you extract them all when returning from a trip...

Best,

Kit

"Rust Never Sleeps"

• 4 weeks later...