• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TOUR PROVENCE 2018.

NickVyse

I'm organising another Tour of Provence the first week of October this year. I gave first refusal to those that attended last year and almost everyone signed up, so there are 2 only double rooms left, or 2 simple and cheaper rooms that share a bathroom.

Last year was fantastic fun, great crowd of enthusiasts of all age groups. All the info and pricing is here:

http://www.le-foulon.com/tour-2018.asp

Cheers, Nick

avaTour2.jpg.52fb4debc1ca18590681ac95bc6f527f.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Here’s our itinerary for 2018 for anyone joining us vicariously – people are either on their way now, leaving tomorrow, or have their head buried under a bonnet swearing! 

2018-web.thumb.jpg.9e244676814cb5d781e5e8228bc85d49.jpg

Sunday 30th September – arrive at your leisure in time for an evening meal. 

Dinner at Le Foulon: Confit canard (grilled duck leg) or a stuffed red pepper for the veggies, green beans and roast potatoes. Creme brûlée. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday Depart 10.00am 

Mondays route on google maps

Lazy day to allow you to recover from the drive down. Le Foulon to Greolieres les Neiges for a coffee and cake on the house out the back of the NK. We then head to Gourdon for lunch: €20 2 course menu with a drink and coffee. Afternoon free – fuel up and provision for Tuesdays picnic lunch.

Dinner at Le Foulon: Daube de boeuf (beef stew) with polenta. Aubergine gratin veggie option. Tarte tatin. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday Depart 9.00am

Tuesdays route on google maps

Isola 2000 and the Col du Lombarde, via the worlds narrowest village road (that’s NOT one way). Picnic day at 2300m on the border with Italy. Return via the Col du Vence.

Dinner at Le Foulon: Souris d’agneau (slow cooked shank of lamb). Or vegetarian Pea and mint risotto. Artisanal ice cream. 

Wednesday breakfast 9.30-10.30am – day of leisure/fixing/cleaning/exploring. No evening meal, but option to pre-order a great wood fired take-away pizza that I’ll go an pick up for everyone (orders taken at breakfast – different pizzeria to last year, €10 each). Or go for a romantic meal (matt/fagan) or explore the area. 

Thursday Depart 9.00am 

Thursdays route on google maps

Up the road to Allos with stunning views of lac de castillon, man made for a hydro electric plant and via Colmars, a town of castles. Lunch at Les Ecureuils - €15.00 3 course menu + drinks. 

Dinner at Le Foulon: Pâtes trofiette pesto with grilled aubergine and bacon (optional) – speciality pasta from just across the border in Liguria. Blueberry tart. 

Friday Depart 9.00am 

Fridays route on google maps 

Foulon to Valberg via the red gorge/gorges de dalius – cracking route we did last year, but with a change on the way up to eat in Peone (€14.50 2 course menu) and back the same way as the gorges to cians is still closed since a landslide

Dinner at Le Foulon: Veal printemps, camargue rice (veal stew). Vegetarian – moroccan chickpeas, spinach and sweet potatoes. Pear and chocolate tart. 

Saturday – breakfast from 8.30-9.30am and then it’s leave at your leisure for the long drive north. 

Going to be another cracking week!

Cheers,

Nick and Mia

Don't to earth with a bump - everyone left yesterday, some have already made it home, most are on the last leg of a long journey.

What an amazing week. People make this community and a better bunch you'd be hard pushed to meet. With a shared love of life, old BMWs, eating and laughter, I think this was the best tour yet. The weather was just perfect, the roads nothing short of epic, and traffic almost unheard of.

We ate very well, we drank well, we laughed a lot, and on the whole we drove HARD!

DSC05749.thumb.jpg.70c48d9f3ed51cc9999bc413c16a927e.jpg

Thanks everyone for making it such a special event and hope that 2019 is just as much fun as life really doesn't get much better than this.

I'm missing one day of pictures due to a dodgy battery, but there's a gazillion pics and videos among us all and will no doubt be shared over the coming days. In the meantime here's what I have - I'll write a full report when I can: