• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fuse box color coded cardboard

Driv3r

Does anyone know where I can get a correct colour coded image pattern of the fuse box cardboard? I found a few on google but they're not all the same. I'm looking for one to suite my 73tii so I can print the right pattern on the new one I'm making. Thanks

I just downloaded a bunch of PDFs of original users guides and they had nice fuse info in them. I think there was one for Tii. I will try to loacte where I put them..., but a couple questions just for my education:

o Are all 12 fuse blocks the same .. I assume not exactly since a Tii for example must have other electro parts that carbs do not?

o What is this cardboard you guys are talking about. My fuse block just has the block and the clear cover has position numbers for my '75 carb car.

Randy 

1975 - 2366762 Born 7/75

See the whole restoration at:

http://www.rwwbmw2002.shutterfly.com

Ahhh... Learn something every day!  I never pulled my fuse block and live in fear of doing so since I can just imagine the 40+ year old wires just crumbling. Maybe some day, but not until I have to. :)

Although I recently saw a picture of a guy holding the fuse block up above the hole after removing the screws... and it almost looked like they give you about 5-6" of wire length for the wires connecting to the block.

Randy 

1975 - 2366762 Born 7/75

See the whole restoration at:

http://www.rwwbmw2002.shutterfly.com

4 hours ago, worzella said:

it almost looked like they give you about 5-6" of wire length for the wires connecting to the block.

The wires are indeed short but can be disconnected to remove the box.  Take a pic of the connections first of course especially because there are bound to be some PO added connections.

BMWCCA  Member #14493

www.2002sonly.com

1086238739_Logoforsignature.png.eb1354ab9afa7c378cd15f33e4c7fbbe.png

5 hours ago, worzella said:

Ahhh... Learn something every day!  I never pulled my fuse block and live in fear of doing so since I can just imagine the 40+ year old wires just crumbling. Maybe some day, but not until I have to. :)

Although I recently saw a picture of a guy holding the fuse block up above the hole after removing the screws... and it almost looked like they give you about 5-6" of wire length for the wires connecting to the block.

Randy 

The only reason you should fear lifting up the fuse box, is discovering what has been living beneath it. This mouse furniture was below mine. My old flip phone for scale. The stuff soaked up water and caused inner fender and firewall rust that I had to fix, about 5 years later. My car is a fairly early tii (plastic runners) and here's the underside of the fuse box. 

197529_1915025993729_1184315012_3339420_7639536_n.jpg

IMG_4812.JPG

photo 1.JPG

IMG_4702.jpg

Edited by wegweiser
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Paul Wegweiser

Wegweiser Classic BMW Services

Nationwide vehicle transport available

NEW WEBSITE! www.zenwrench.com